- Trump moves to pull US out of Pacific-Rim trade deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump moved to pull the United States out of the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact Monday, dealing a quick blow to Barack Obama's legacy as the new chief executive began fulfilling campaign promises in his first full week in office.
- Tillerson heading for confirmation as secretary of state
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's nominee for secretary of state headed for approval in a key Senate committee Monday after Florida Sen. Marco Rubio announced his support, backing off from a challenge to the new president.
- Talks on Syria's civil war off to a rocky start
ASTANA, Kazakhstan (AP) — Talks between the Syrian government and representatives of rebel factions got off to a rocky start Monday after their first face-to-face meeting in Kazakhstan that marked a major shift in the war's dynamics and confirmed Russia's role as regional heavyweight.
- Aleppo's landmark mosque bears scars of Syria's war
ALEPPO, Syria (AP) — The Great Mosque of Aleppo, a centuries-old treasure at the heart of one of the world's oldest cities, is today a grim testament to the ravages of Syria's war.
- 3 dogs give avalanche rescuers hope but 22 people missing
FARINDOLA, Italy (AP) — Italian emergency crews pulled three wiggling, white sheepdog puppies out Monday from under tons of snow and rubble at an avalanche-struck hotel, lifting spirits even as the search for 22 people still missing dragged on five days after the disaster.
- Super Bowl will pit Brady's Patriots against Ryan's Falcons
A season that began with Tom Brady serving a four-game suspension will end with him in the Super Bowl, where his New England Patriots will take on Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons.
- Challenges not enough to deny Patriots 9th Super Bowl berth
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — This was supposed to be the year New England's stranglehold on the AFC could be loosened.
- Falcons head to Super Bowl after blowing out Packers 44-21
ATLANTA (AP) — While the raucous beats of "Welcome To Atlanta" blared through the Georgia Dome, the Falcons partied like it was 1999.
- Are you ready for some better football? Hopefully in Houston
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — There's this football game planned for Feb. 5 in Houston. Let's hope it turns out much better than most of the postseason matchups the NFL has provided this year.
- Bookies make Patriots a 3-point pick with record over/under
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Oddsmakers like the New England Patriots by a field goal over the Atlanta Falcons in what experts think will be a high-scoring Super Bowl.