- Senate GOP unveils 'Obamacare' overhaul, but not all aboard
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans launched their plan for shriveling Barack Obama's health care law Thursday, edging a step closer to their dream of repeal with a bill that would slice and reshape Medicaid for the poor, relax rules on insurers and end tax increases on higher earners that have helped finance expanded coverage for millions.
- Qatar's neighbors issue steep list of demands to end crisis
WASHINGTON (AP) — Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries that have cut ties to Qatar issued a steep list of demands Thursday to end the crisis, insisting that their Persian Gulf neighbor shutter Al-Jazeera, cut back diplomatic ties to Iran and sever all ties with the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Ending guessing game, Trump admits there are no Comey tapes
WASHINGTON (AP) — Ending a month-long guessing game that he started with a cryptic tweet and that ensnared his administration in yet more controversy, President Donald Trump declared he never made and doesn't have recordings of his private conversations with ousted former FBI Director James Comey,
- AP Analysis: Could Trump push a partial Mideast deal?
UNDATED (AP) — Donald Trump may be uniquely suited to push for Middle East peace: the Israelis as well as key Arab players, each for their own reasons, are all looking like admirers who seek to please. But out-of-the-box thinking will be needed nonetheless.
- Car bomb in southwest Pakistan kills at least 11, wounds 20
QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — A powerful car bombing near the office of the provincial police chief in southwestern Pakistan on Friday killed 11 people and wounded 20, officials said.
- 76ers take Fultz, Lakers grab Ball to start NBA draft
NEW YORK (AP) — Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball and the future of the NBA arrived Thursday night.
- AP source: Raiders QB Derek Carr agrees to $125M extension
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Raiders quarterback Derek Carr finalized a five-year contract extension Thursday that will keep him with the team through the 2022 season.
- Splash! Timberwolves get All-Star Jimmy Butler from Bulls
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Ever since Tom Thibodeau took over in Minnesota last summer, a reunion with Chicago Bulls All-Star Jimmy Butler seemed destined to happen.
- 76ers put future of The Process in No. 1 pick Fultz's hands
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — The Philadelphia 76ers put The Process in the hands of Washington guard Markelle Fultz.
- Fewer players with international ties picked in NBA draft
MIAMI (AP) — Lauri Markkanen had a special accessory sewn into the lining of his suit jacket at the NBA draft.