- Trump takes charge, assertive but untested 45th US president
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pledging emphatically to empower America's "forgotten men and women," Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Friday, taking command of a riven nation facing an unpredictable era under his assertive but untested leadership.
- Analysis: Trump speech shows America getting what it ordered
WASHINGTON (AP) — America is getting what it ordered on Election Day.
- Melee near Trump's parade route as police, protesters clash
WASHINGTON (AP) — Protesters registered their rage against the new president Friday in a chaotic confrontation with police who used pepper spray and stun grenades in a melee just blocks from Donald Trump's inaugural parade. Scores were arrested for trashing property and attacking officers while a burning limousine sent clouds of black smoke into the sky during Trump's procession.
- FACT CHECK: Trump starts on familiar note: with exaggeration
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's inaugural address held familiar echoes of the campaign speeches that led to his presidential win: downbeat about the state of the nation, to the point of hyperbole. A look at some of his assertions Friday:
- With hopes and fears, a divided America watches inauguration
ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — In living rooms, cafes and offices, people across America watched Donald Trump become the nation's 45th president.
- Falcons don't belong in such elite company? Guess again.
If you're wondering what the Falcons are doing in the NFL's version of the Final Four with the Patriots, Steelers and Packers, you aren't alone.
- Las Vegas teen charged as adult in football player slaying
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A fight over name-calling between girlfriends promoted a fight that resulted in the death of a Missouri State University football player outside his Las Vegas home, according to a police report about the arrest of a teenager charged Friday as an adult with murder.
- Matchups for the NFC championship game
Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons:
- Matchups for the AFC championship game
Matchups for the AFC championship game Sunday between the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots:
- Steelers hoping pressure blueprint can slow down Brady
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Take it from Wade Phillips, slowing down Tom Brady is a goal often sought, but seldom achieved.