- The Latest: Alberto moves up the Gulf of Mexico
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Latest on Subtropical Storm Alberto (all times local):
- Budget battle brews as Trump threatens another shutdown
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has warned Congress that he will never sign another foot-tall, $1 trillion-plus government-wide spending bill like the one he did in March. His message to lawmakers in both parties: Get your act together before the next budget lands on my desk.
- Pipeline pique complicates Heitkamp's 2nd term Senate hopes
STANDING ROCK SIOUX RESERVATION, N.D. (AP) — Standing Rock Sioux tribal member Marlo Hunte-Beaubrun went door to door on North Dakota's largest American Indian reservations in 2012 turning out the tribal vote to help put Democrat Heidi Heitkamp in the U.S. Senate. Six years later, with Heitkamp fighting hard to win a second term, Hunte-Beaubrun is staying on the sidelines.
- US Gulf Coast braces for impact as Alberto approaches
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Beaches in Florida were largely empty ahead of Memorial Day as a slowly intensifying storm carrying brisk winds and heavy rain approached the U.S. Gulf Coast on Sunday.
- 75 years later, 'forgotten' WWII battle haunts soldiers
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — William Roy Dover's memory of the World War II battle is as sharp as it was 75 years ago, even though it's been long forgotten by most everyone else.
- LeBron, back in Boston, for another Cavs farewell
BOSTON (AP) — LeBron James and the depleted Cleveland Cavaliers won't get any sympathy from the Celtics when they return to Boston for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals.
- The Latest: Danica Patrick crashes out of Indy 500
The Latest from the busiest day in motorsports (all times local):
- Thompson hot hand carries Warriors into Game 7 with Rockets
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Klay Thompson flashed back to a night he left the arena still in uniform, furious about his forgettable performance against Denver.
- The Latest: Defending champion Ostapenko out of French Open
PARIS (AP) — The Latest on the French Open, the year's second Grand Slam tennis tournament (all times local):
- Stephens, Dimitrov into 2nd round at French Open
PARIS (AP) — Reigning U.S. Open champion Sloane Stephens needed less than an hour to move into the second round on the opening day of the French Open on Sunday.