- Trump helps commission $12.9 billion aircraft carrier
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — President Donald Trump helped commission the USS Gerald R. Ford on Saturday and declared that the most advanced aircraft carrier to join the Navy will cause America's enemies to "shake with fear" whenever they see its form cutting across the horizon.
- Trump fires off volley of angry tweets on Russia probe
WASHINGTON (AP) — Hours before he was to help commission a new aircraft carrier at a patriotic ceremony on the Virginia coast, President Donald Trump fired off a volley of early morning tweets that again showed how furious he remains over multiple investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.
- Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Democrats announced Saturday that a bipartisan group of House and Senate negotiators have reached an agreement on a sweeping Russia sanctions package to punish Moscow for meddling in the presidential election and its military aggression in Ukraine and Syria.
- Actor John Heard, of 'Home Alone' movies, dies at 72
NEW YORK (AP) — Actor John Heard, whose many roles included the father in the "Home Alone" series and a corrupt detective in "The Sopranos," has died. He was 72.
- German runaway girl who converted to Islam is found in Iraq
BERLIN (AP) — A German girl who ran away from home after converting to Islam has been found as Iraqi forces liberated the northern city of Mosul from Islamic State extremists, German and Iraqi officials said Saturday. She is reported to be in good health and will be interrogated next week by Iraqi officials.
- The Latest: Spieth, Kuchar separate themselves from field
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — The Latest from the British Open (all times local):
- Grace sets major championship record with 62 at British Open
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Branden Grace posted the lowest 18-hole score in 157 years and 422 major championships, and he didn't even know it.
- Spieth turns in a beauty on a nasty day at British Open
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Jordan Spieth expected a rough time at the British Open before he even got to the golf course.
- AP Sources: John Wall, Wiz agree to $170M, 4-year extension
WASHINGTON (AP) — All-Star point guard John Wall and the Washington Wizards have agreed to a $170 million, four-year contract extension that will start with the 2019 season, two people with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press on Friday night.
- China earns 8th diving gold of the world championships
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — The Chinese divers were marvelous.