- Trump decries monument removals, 'history ripped apart'
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump bitingly decried the rising movement to pull down monuments to Confederate icons Thursday, declaring the nation is seeing "the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart."
- Van plows into crowd in Barcelona, causes panic, injuries
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — A white van jumped the sidewalk in Barcelona's historic Las Ramblas district on Thursday, crashing into a summer crowd of residents and tourists and injuring several people, police said.
- Republican leaders dance around Trump remarks
NEW YORK (AP) — One after another, the nation's most powerful Republicans responded to President Donald Trump's extraordinary remarks about white supremacists. Yet few mentioned the president.
- Trump aide: No military solution in North Korea
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (AP) — Contradicting a boss already under pressure to fire him, President Donald Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon says there's no military solution to the threat posed by North Korea and its nuclear ambitions. Just last week, Trump pledged to answer North Korean aggression with "fire and fury."
- Charlottesville woman's family: Fight injustice like she did
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Family members of the young woman mowed down while protesting a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville used her funeral as a rallying cry, telling mourners the best way to honor Heather Heyer is to continue her fight against injustice.
- Mike Trout and the Angels are on a roll and in contention
WASHINGTON (AP) — Mike Trout glanced around the clubhouse like he didn't want to leave anyone out.
- Oh the drama: Puig lifts Dodgers to 5-4 win over White Sox
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Dodgers won in — what else — dramatic fashion, scoring three runs in the bottom of the ninth inning for their major league-leading 10th walk-off victory of the season.
- Betts' 2-run double caps Red Sox 5-4 comeback win
BOSTON (AP) — Mookie Betts finally had a pitch he could drive and the Boston Red Sox pulled out anther last at-bat win in Fenway Park.
- US men's basketball enters a new world _ without its stars
The jerseys say USA, though that's about all that will be recognizable.
- Redshirt freshman QBs could make huge impact in SEC
This could turn into a big year for redshirt freshman quarterbacks in the Southeastern Conference.