- AP learns fired McCabe kept personal memos regarding Trump
WASHINGTON (AP) — Andrew McCabe, the onetime FBI deputy director long scorned by President Donald Trump and just fired by the attorney general, kept personal memos describing interactions with the president that are similar to the notes compiled by dismissed FBI chief James Comey, The Associated Press has learned.
- School-walkout unity also lays bare division among students
As she addressed the crowd during the walkout at her Idaho high school, Kylee Denny faced heckles and name-calling from a group of students carrying American flags, she said. The counterprotesters included many familiar faces, including her boyfriend's stepbrother.
- Russian voters pressured as Putin eyes new presidential term
YEKATERINBURG, Russia (AP) — Vladimir Putin's victory in Russia's presidential election Sunday isn't in doubt. The only real question is whether voters will turn out in big enough numbers to hand him a convincing mandate for his fourth term — and many Russian workers are facing intense pressure to do so.
- The Latest: Officials identify 4 victims in bridge collapse
MIAMI (AP) — The Latest on the deadly pedestrian bridge collapse in Miami (all times local):
- Talks on $1.3 trillion US spending bill hit critical stage
WASHINGTON (AP) — Top-level congressional talks on a $1.3 trillion catchall spending bill are reaching a critical stage as negotiators confront immigration, abortion-related issues and a battle over a massive rail project that pits President Donald Trump against his most powerful Democratic adversary.
- NCAA Latest: UNC hasn't lost tourney game in home state
The Latest on the second round of the NCAA Tournament (all times Eastern):
- No. 1 seed Villanova rolls past Alabama and into Sweet 16
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Jay Wright had some late-night restlessness because he could not turn off the TV as long as Virginia and UMBC were still playing. He met his Villanova team in the morning and the players at the breakfast tables were buzzing over basketball's biggest upset.
- Jets acquire No. 3 overall draft pick from Colts
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Jets shook up the NFL draft on Saturday by soaring three spots to No. 3 overall in a stunning swap with the Indianapolis Colts.
- Plot thickens, but Purdue's Painter still says Haas unlikely
DETROIT (AP) — There's now a bit of mystery surrounding the status of Purdue center Isaac Haas.
- TIPPING OFF: UMBC upset puts underdogs in NCAA spotlight
The University of Maryland-Baltimore County proved that anything can happen in the NCAA Tournament.