- Big surge for military in Trump budget, big cuts elsewhere
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is proposing a huge $54 billion surge in U.S. military spending for new aircraft, ships and fighters in his first federal budget while slashing big chunks from domestic programs and foreign aid to make the government "do more with less."
- Trump looks to refocus his presidency in address to Congress
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's first address to Congress gives him a welcome opportunity to refocus his young administration on the core economic issues that helped him get elected — and, his allies hope, to move beyond the distractions and self-inflicted wounds that have roiled his White House.
- Advocacy groups: Forget Oscars snafu, focus on 'Moonlight'
Yes, the Great Mistake of Oscars 2017 made history in all the wrong kinds of ways. But a day later, advocacy groups and others overjoyed by the Cinderella win of "Moonlight" were saying, let's forget the snafu and move on — because "Moonlight" made history in all the right kinds of ways.
- Oscar envelopes explained: How presenters get winning names
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A look at how the Academy Awards' winners envelopes are handled before being opened live onstage:
- House probe into Russia ties to Trump off to rocky start
WASHINGTON (AP) — A simmering dispute between leaders of the House intelligence committee spilled into the public Monday over an investigation into whether President Donald Trump has ties to Russia, even as they pledged to conduct a bipartisan probe.
- Steelers place franchise tag on running back Le'Veon Bell
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers want to make running back Le'Veon Bell a part of the organization "for life."
- Pat Riley says Magic Johnson will win with the Lakers
MIAMI (AP) — Pat Riley has never doubted Magic Johnson, and isn't about to start now.
- Tebow learns from Jacksonville neighbor Daniel Murphy
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) — After struggling in the Arizona Fall League last year, New York Mets prospect Tim Tebow turned his attention to his hometown of Jacksonville for some help and inspiration.
- Kansas moves to No. 1 in AP poll, Villanova 2nd, UCLA 3rd
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Kansas could have rested easy after clinching a share of its 13th straight Big 12 title.
- Trades hinging on playoff success are 'in vogue' in the NHL
The NHL trade deadline can make for some conflicting interests come playoff time.