- The Latest: Chief says 1 officer killed, 1 wounded
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — The Latest on police officers shot in Florida (all times local):
- Suspect in stabbing death back in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) — An Oxford University employee accused of killing a 26-year-old hair stylist was extradited to Chicago late Friday night.
- Trump ousts Bannon, his influential, divisive strategist
WASHINGTON (AP) — Steve Bannon, the blunt-spoken and divisive strategist who rose from Donald Trump's conservative campaign to a top White House post, was pushed out by the president Friday, capping a turbulent seven months marked by the departure of much of Trump's original senior staff.
- Soothing the nation? Trump struggles like no other president
WASHINGTON (AP) — For Susan Bro, mother of the woman killed at a rally organized by white supremacists, the president of the United States can offer no healing words.
- Icahn steps down as unofficial Trump adviser
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has lost another informal adviser from the business world: billionaire investor Carl Icahn, who gave the White House guidance on its deregulation efforts.
- Moreland delivers to help Red Sox beat Yankees 9-6
BOSTON (AP) — Nineteen batters.
- Gonzalez returns from DL, Dodgers top Tigers 8-5
DETROIT (AP) — Adrian Gonzalez went on the disabled list in the middle of June, when the Los Angeles Dodgers were just beginning this torrid stretch that has helped them all but wrap up the NL West.
- Fant's injury cast shadow over Seahawks' win over Vikings
SEATTLE (AP) — Russell Wilson looked just fine throwing for 206 yards and two touchdowns in the first half, and the Seattle Seahawks suffered a significant injury loss to left tackle George Fant in their 20-6 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Friday night.
- Column: We need Kaepernick more than ever in troubled times
It's been a terrible week in America.
- Oh Baby! Jeter welcomes birth of daughter
NEW YORK (AP) — The captain's team just got a little bigger.