- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
WASHINGTON (AP) — Charging ahead with the dramatic remaking of his White House, President Donald Trump said he would replace national security adviser H.R. McMaster with the former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton, a foreign policy hawk entering a White House facing key decisions on Iran and North Korea.
- Congress OKs $1.3 trillion budget, averting another shutdown
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress gave final approval Friday to a giant $1.3 trillion spending bill that ends the budget battles for now, but only after late scuffles and conservatives objections to big outlays on Democratic priorities at a time when Republicans control the House, Senate and White House.
- Roommate's mom: Son was in custody until police found bomber
PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (AP) — The mother of a man who lived with suspected serial bomber Mark Conditt in a home north of Austin says her son was kept in police custody until after Conditt died in a fatal confrontation with officers.
- Life support ending for 'brain dead' school shooting victim
A teenage girl was brain dead days after being shot when a classmate opened fire inside their Maryland high school and was to be removed from life support, her mother said Thursday.
- Tweet offering home to gun protesters launches movement
WASHINGTON (AP) — It started with a rare tweet by a woman who had — "maybe" — 28 followers on Twitter.
- Second half of Sweet 16 filled with compelling matchups
Loyola-Chicago and its game-planning nun are headed to the Elite Eight. So too are Kansas State, Florida State and Michigan in this maddest of Marches.
- Loyola has hoops fans 'sitting on the edge of their chairs'
ATLANTA (AP) — The graying reminders of Loyola-Chicago's basketball history are hanging on the Ramblers' captivating run through the NCAA Tournament.
- Gritty K-State delivers another upset, 61-58 over Kentucky
ATLANTA (AP) — Barry Brown Jr. darted into the lane, blowing by everybody in blue, and delivered a rare burst of offense just in the nick of time.
- Noles roll: Florida St beats Gonzaga 75-60 in 3rd NCAA upset
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Terance Mann grabbed the basketball with both hands and screamed, relishing his turn to be the high-scoring hero while Florida State steadily pulled away from Gonzaga.
- Streaking Michigan routs Texas A&M 99-72 in West semifinals
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michigan took all the drama out of this NCAA Tournament victory, burying Texas A&M under a barrage of 3-point shots.