- China's Xi takes spotlight at Davos as US makes transition
DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — Communist China is taking the world's most elite annual gathering by storm.
- Trump, in flap with civil rights icon, meets with MLK's son
NEW YORK (AP) — Days before taking office, President-elect Donald Trump attempted to navigate the fallout of his flap with a civil rights leader and colleague of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. while also losing a member of his incoming administration to accusations of plagiarism.
- King Day highlights transition from Obama to Trump
ATLANTA (AP) — As Americans celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leaders and activists are trying to reconcile the transition from the nation's first black president to a president-elect still struggling to connect with most non-white voters.
- Gene Cernan, last astronaut to walk on the moon, dies at 82
HOUSTON (AP) — Astronaut Gene Cernan traced his only child's initials in the dust of the lunar surface. Then he climbed into the lunar module for the ride home, becoming the last person to walk on the moon.
- Reports: Istanbul nightclub attacker who killed 39 captured
ISTANBUL (AP) — A gunman suspected of killing 39 people during a New Year's attack on an Istanbul nightclub has been caught in a police operation, Turkish media reports said early Tuesday.
- Warriors rout defending champion Cavaliers 126-91 in rematch
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors certainly looked ready to trade some more blows with LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers come June.
- Falcons: Julio Jones will be ready to go in NFC championship
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Don't fret, Atlanta Falcons fans.
- Steelers downplay Tomlin's vulgar description of Patriots
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Antonio Brown wanted to let the world in on the party when he live-streamed the giddy celebration in Pittsburgh's locker room after an 18-16 playoff win over Kansas City.
- Green fouls LeBron, appears to mock him for flopping
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Draymond Green and LeBron James went at it again in the first half of the Cavaliers' visit to Golden State on Monday.
- No. 9 UNC tops Syracuse 85-68 for Williams' 800th career win
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina coach Roy Williams stood at midcourt, looking to the Smith Center rafters to watch video messages from former players congratulating him on his 800th win.