- 5 reasons why health care bill would fail, 3 why it may not
WASHINGTON (AP) — There are many reasons why the Senate will probably reject Republicans' crowning bill razing much of former President Barack Obama's health care law. There are fewer why Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell might revive it and avert a GOP humiliation.
- 8 people found dead in truck in 'human trafficking crime'
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Eight people were found dead in a tractor-trailer loaded with at least 30 others outside a Walmart store in Texas' stifling summer heat in what police are calling a horrific human trafficking case. The driver was arrested.
- Israel installs new security cameras at Jerusalem holy site
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel installed new security cameras Sunday at the entrance to a sensitive Jerusalem holy site, as officials began indicating it was considering "alternatives" to the metal detectors at the contested shrine that set off a weekend of violence and raised tensions in the region.
- Divided UK, inconclusive election could put brakes on Brexit
LONDON (AP) — Lucy Harris thinks Britain's decision to leave the European Union is a dream come true. Nick Hopkinson thinks it's a nightmare.
- AP Interview: Ex-Gaza chief says Hamas deal will open border
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — An exiled Palestinian politician who quietly negotiated a power-sharing deal for Gaza with former arch foe Hamas discussed the details for the first time in an interview, saying he expects it to lead to a swift opening of the blockaded territory's border with Egypt and an easing of crippling power outages.
- The Latest: Pennsylvania man OK with 2nd at main poker event
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Latest on the no-limit Texas Hold 'em main event in Las Vegas (all times local):
- Rookie from New Jersey wins World Series of Poker, $8.1M
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A New Jersey man with a degree in accounting is this year's World Series of Poker champion.
- Spieth 1 round away from 3rd leg of Grand Slam
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Jordan Spieth is one round away from the third leg of the career Grand Slam, and one year removed from a reminder that it won't be easy.
- Grace sets major championship record with 62 at British Open
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Branden Grace posted the lowest 18-hole score in 157 years and 422 major championships, and he didn't even know it.
- Neymar to PSG? Barcelona's denials don't stop transfer talk
PARIS (AP) — Denials from Barcelona are doing little to halt the fervor that Brazil star Neymar could be joining Paris Saint-Germain in a transfer that more than doubles the world record.