- Casualties mount as Iraqi troops advance in IS-held Mosul
MOSUL, Iraq (AP) — "We have wounded!" the men shouted from the roadside. Two soldiers, bleeding, were being bandaged beside their smoking vehicle on the side of a dusty dirt road.
- Iraq: Police Commandos recapture new neighborhood in Mosul
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraqi militarized police captured two neighborhoods on the western side of Mosul on Sunday amid fierce clashes with Islamic State militants, as thousands of people continued to flee the battle to government-controlled areas, security officials said.
- Malaysia: Poisoning of Kim caused paralysis, quick death
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Malaysia's health minister said Sunday that the dose of nerve agent given to North Korean ruler Kim Jong Un's exiled half brother was so high that it killed him within 20 minutes and caused "very serious paralysis."
- Russians march to honor slain opposition leader Nemtsov
MOSCOW (AP) — Thousands of Russians marched through Moscow on Sunday shouting slogans such as "Russia will be free!" and "Putin is war!" to mark two years since opposition leader Boris Nemtsov was gunned down outside the Kremlin.
- Will 'La La' have another day of sun at Sunday's Oscars?
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Will the 89th Academy Awards be a parade of political speeches or landslide for "La La Land"? Probably both.
- The Latest: Daytona 500 goes green with Elliott up front
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The Latest on the Daytona 500 (all times local):
- Former NHL enforcer suspended as youth coach following brawl
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Former NHL enforcer Andrew Peters has been suspended indefinitely as coach of a youth hockey team pending a Buffalo police investigation into his role in an on-ice brawl.
- Mika leads BYU to upset of No. 1 Gonzaga 79-71
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Top-ranked Gonzaga's quest to go undefeated this season ended under a barrage of baskets by BYU's Eric Mika on Saturday night.
- No. 5 UCLA dominates offensive boards to edge No. 4 Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — An awesome offense has carried UCLA to a terrific season. The Bruins turned to rebounding and defense for what may have been their most impressive win yet.
- Bulls benefit as James sits with strep, beat Cavs 117-99
CLEVELAND (AP) — With LeBron James missing from Quicken Loans Arena, the Cleveland Cavaliers were reminded again just how tough life can be without their star.