- Europeans wonder if Trump will act on Pence's reassurances
MUNICH (AP) — U.S. Vice President Mike Pence was the latest in a trio of high-ranking Trump emissaries to tell European allies in person that the United States will steadfastly support NATO and demand that Russia honor its commitments to end fighting in Ukraine.
- Iraqi forces launch offensive to drive IS from western Mosul
HAMAM AL-ALIL, Iraq (AP) — U.S.-backed Iraqi forces launched a major air-and-ground offensive Sunday to retake western Mosul from Islamic State militants and drive the extremist group from its last major urban bastion in Iraq.
- Trump steps up security aide search, focuses on health care
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump on Sunday was stepping up his search for a national security adviser, with several interviews on tap, and focusing on health care in talks with his health and budget chiefs, while his team pushed back against depictions of a young administration in disarray.
- US vice president visits former Nazi concentration camp
DACHAU, Germany (AP) — U.S. Vice President Mike Pence paid a somber visit to the site of the Dachau concentration camp on Sunday, walking along the grounds where tens of thousands of people were killed during World War II.
- SpaceX launches rocket from NASA's historic moon pad
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — A SpaceX rocket soared from NASA's long-idled moonshot pad Sunday, sending up space station supplies from the exact spot where astronauts embarked on the lunar landings nearly a half-century ago.
- Logano takes advantage of late crash, wins Clash at Daytona
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Joey Logano won the Clash at Daytona on Sunday, stealing a victory when leader Denny Hamlin and Brad Keselowski wrecked on the final lap.
- Robinson III, Gordon, Porzingis win NBA All-Star events
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Glenn Robinson III is the NBA's new dunk king, with an assist to Indiana teammate Paul George, the Pacers' mascot and a Pacers cheerleader.
- Takes a village: 'Greek Freak' got many assists growing up
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — He was just a scrawny, hungry kid, the son of migrants from Nigeria, trying to survive in Sepolia, a modest Athens neighborhood.
- Silver: NBA will keep eye on state's inclusion policies
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The NBA is continuing to monitor how states are handling laws regarding the protections of transgender people, with Commissioner Adam Silver warning that any less-than-inclusive policies will help the league decide where to hold All-Star Games going forward.
- Cubs star Kris Bryant unfazed by constant fanfare, attention
MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Jason Heyward is amazed at how Kris Bryant handles the attention that comes with being the NL Rookie of the Year two years ago and the commanding MVP choice and World Series champion just a year later.