- In Yemen's secret prisons, UAE tortures and US interrogates
MUKALLA, Yemen (AP) — Hundreds of men swept up in the hunt for al-Qaida militants have disappeared into a secret network of prisons in southern Yemen where abuse is routine and torture extreme — including the "grill," in which the victim is tied to a spit like a roast and spun in a circle of fire, an Associated Press investigation has found.
- AP sources: Senate GOP health bill would reshape Obama law
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans would cut Medicaid, end penalties for people not buying insurance and erase a raft of tax increases as part of their long-awaited plan to scuttle President Barack Obama's health care law, congressional aides and lobbyists say.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Tropical Storm Cindy comes ashore in southwest Louisiana
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Gulf Coast states were in for a third day of rough weather as Tropical Storm Cindy sloshed ashore early Thursday in southwestern Louisiana.
- FBI: No 'wider plot' suspected in Michigan airport stabbing
FLINT, Mich. (AP) — A Canadian man from Tunisia shouted in Arabic before stabbing a police officer in the neck at a Michigan airport, and referenced people being killed overseas during the attack that's now being investigated as an act of terrorism, federal and court officials said.
- Who's No. 3? NBA draft intrigue begins after Fultz, Ball
NEW YORK (AP) — Markelle Fultz is still expected to be the No. 1 pick, though the destination has changed.
- Expansion Vegas loads up on D-men, could make more trades
George McPhee secured a king's ransom to avoid selecting certain players in the Vegas Golden Knights' expansion draft , and he's not done dealing.
- A strong field at Hartford, a record at stake on LPGA Tour
As the scores kept going lower and lower at Erin Hills, more than one observer suggested the U.S. Open looked more like the Travelers Championship.
- Edmonton's Connor McDavid wins first Hart Trophy as NHL MVP
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Connor McDavid won his first Hart Trophy. Hardly anybody in hockey believes it will be his last.
- Return of 'Great Montreal Raft Race' put the fun back in F1
MONTREAL (AP) — It's time to put the fun back in F1.