- Trump acts to advance Keystone XL, Dakota Access pipelines
WASHINGTON (AP) — Dealing a blow to former President Barack Obama's legacy on climate change, President Donald Trump signed executive actions Tuesday to advance the construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, a move cheered by congressional Republicans and decried by environmentalists.
- Trump says he'll announce Supreme Court nominee next week
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Tuesday he will announce a candidate next week to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court.
- Oscars go gaga for 'La La Land' with record-tying 14 nods
The candy-colored love letter to musicals "La La Land" landed a record-tying 14 Academy Award nominations on Tuesday, while a notably more diverse field of nominees brushed off two straight years of "OscarsSoWhite" backlash.
- UK government loses Brexit case, must consult Parliament
LONDON (AP) — Britain's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that Prime Minister Theresa May must get legislative approval to start the process of leaving the European Union, raising the possibility that lawmakers will delay her plans to trigger negotiations by the end of March.
- APNewsBreak: Flint water has fallen below federal lead limit
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Flint's water system no longer has levels of lead exceeding the federal limit, a key finding that Michigan state environmental officials said Tuesday is good news for a city whose 100,000 residents have been grappling with the man-made water crisis.
- Venus Williams, Federer back in the thick of a Grand Slam
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — For all their Grand Slam successes, Venus Williams and Roger Federer still find themselves surprised to be in the semifinals at the Australian Open.
- Tom Brady wonders why Trump friendship is 'such a big deal'
BOSTON (AP) — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has opened up a bit on his friendship with President Donald Trump.
- Kerr calls some players' All-Star votes a 'mockery'
MIAMI (AP) — Golden State coach Steve Kerr wishes players had taken their voting for the NBA All-Star Game more seriously, calling it a "mockery" after nearly 300 players in the league wound up on at least one ballot.
- Erin Andrews had cervical cancer surgery during NFL season
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Erin Andrews says she battled cervical cancer during the NFL season, months after winning a lawsuit against a stalker.
- Waiters for the win: Heat stun Warriors, 105-102
MIAMI (AP) — Dion Waiters went from air ball to game-winner.