- Senate backs GOP budget in step forward for tax revamp
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans on Thursday muscled a $4 trillion budget through the Senate in a major step forward for President Donald Trump's ambitious promise of "massive tax cuts and reform."
- Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls
WASHINGTON (AP) — He started by describing the reverent handling of America's war dead, bodies packed in ice and shipped home in the dark to Dover Air Force Base.
- Drone video shows devastation in Raqqa, Syria
RAQQA, Syria (AP) — Drone footage from the northern Syrian city of Raqqa shows the extent of devastation caused by weeks of fighting between Kurdish-led forces and the Islamic State group.
- Trump's border wall models take shape in San Diego
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The last two of eight prototypes for President Donald Trump's proposed border wall took shape Thursday at a construction site in San Diego.
- Study: World pollution deadlier than wars, disasters, hunger
NEW DELHI (AP) — Environmental pollution — from filthy air to contaminated water — is killing more people every year than all war and violence in the world. More than smoking, hunger or natural disasters. More than AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria combined.
- Hernandez hits 3 HRs, Dodgers top Cubs to reach World Series
CHICAGO (AP) — Enrique Hernandez put a Hollywood ending on an LA story three decades in the making.
- Raiders eke out 31-30 win over Chiefs on Carr's late TD pass
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The Oakland Raiders scored two apparent game-winning touchdowns that didn't count. The Kansas City Chiefs forced incompletions on back-to-back plays that ended with 0:00 on the clock only to have the game extended by penalties.
- Raiders Marshawn Lynch ejected for pushing official
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch was ejected Thursday night after shoving an official when he ran onto the field during a scuffle against the Kansas City Chiefs.
- No title repeat: Cubs bow out in Game 5 against Dodgers
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Cubs went 108 years between championships. Going home without a trophy isn't really new.
- Thunder top Knicks 105-84 in OKC debuts for George, Anthony
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Much has changed about the Thunder. One thing hasn't — Russell Westbrook still gets triple-doubles.