- Police: 8 dead in truck, 20 dire in immigrant smuggling case
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Authorities called to a Walmart parking lot in San Antonio overnight found eight people dead and 20 others in dire condition in the back of a sweltering tractor-trailer, in what police are calling a horrific case of immigrant smuggling.
- 5 reasons why health care bill would fail, 3 why it may not
WASHINGTON (AP) — There are many reasons why the Senate will probably reject Republicans' crowning bill razing much of former President Barack Obama's health care law. There are fewer why Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell might revive it and avert a GOP humiliation.
- Israel installs new security cameras at Jerusalem holy site
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel installed new security cameras Sunday at the entrance to a sensitive Jerusalem holy site, as officials began indicating it was considering "alternatives" to the metal detectors at the contested shrine that set off a weekend of violence and raised tensions in the region.
- Divided UK, inconclusive election could put brakes on Brexit
LONDON (AP) — Lucy Harris thinks Britain's decision to leave the European Union is a dream come true. Nick Hopkinson thinks it's a nightmare.
- AP Interview: Ex-Gaza chief says Hamas deal will open border
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — An exiled Palestinian politician who quietly negotiated a power-sharing deal for Gaza with former arch foe Hamas discussed the details for the first time in an interview, saying he expects it to lead to a swift opening of the blockaded territory's border with Egypt and an easing of crippling power outages.
- Spieth sets out to try to add 3rd leg of career Grand Slam
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Jordan Spieth faced more blustery conditions at Royal Birkdale as he set out to try to win the third leg of the career Grand Slam at the British Open.
- The Latest: China's Li Haotong shoots 63 to move up board
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — The Latest on the British Open (all times local):
- The Latest: Pennsylvania man OK with 2nd at main poker event
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Latest on the no-limit Texas Hold 'em main event in Las Vegas (all times local):
- Rookie from New Jersey wins World Series of Poker, $8.1M
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A New Jersey man with a degree in accounting is this year's World Series of Poker champion.
- Tech company uses data from jumps to predict injuries
MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) — The epiphany hit Phil Wagner about a decade ago when he was stuck in Southern California traffic pouring over reams of data in his car and he realized how he could take information about how athletes jump and land and predict where they are most susceptible to their next injury.