- PROMISES, PROMISES: What Trump has pledged on health care
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is not known for plunging into the details of complex policy issues, and health care is no exception. Since his campaign days, Trump has addressed health care in broad, aspirational strokes. Nonetheless he made some clear promises along the way.
- Takata files for bankruptcy, overwhelmed by air bag recalls
Japanese air bag maker Takata Corp. filed for bankruptcy protection in Tokyo and the U.S. on Monday, saying it was the only way to ensure it could carry on supplying replacements for faulty air bag inflators linked to the deaths of at least 16 people.
- Coal on the rise in China, US, India after major 2016 drop
BEIJING (AP) — The world's biggest coal users — China, the United States and India — have boosted coal mining in 2017, in an abrupt departure from last year's record global decline for the heavily polluting fuel and a setback to efforts to rein in climate change emissions.
- Travel ban, church-state case await action by Supreme Court
WASHINGTON (AP) — Before taking their long summer break, the Supreme Court justices are poised to act on the Trump administration's travel ban and a separation of church and state dispute involving a Missouri church playground.
- Dozens missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
GUATAPE, Colombia (AP) — A tourist boat packed with about 160 passengers for the holiday weekend capsized Sunday on a reservoir near the Colombian city of Medellin, leaving at least six people dead and 31 missing, officials said.
- Westbrook set to learn if his historic season was an MVP one
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A year ago, uncertainty surrounded Russell Westbrook.
- NHL movement just getting started going into free agency
As New York Rangers players cleaned out their lockers after a second-round playoff exit, all the talk was about impending change.
- Dodgers win 10th in row, beat Rockies 12-6; Bellinger 2 HRs
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Dodgers unleashed yet another weapon to continue their winning streak.
- Jordan Spieth holes bunker shot to win Travelers playoff
CROMWELL, Conn. (AP) — Jordan Spieth needed an extra hole, a little bit of luck and an amazing final shot to finish off a wire-to-wire victory in the Travelers Championship.
- Kevin Harvick wins at Sonoma for 1st victory of season
SONONA, Calif. (AP) — Kevin Harvick led a 1-2-3 podium sweep for Ford while proving that veteran experience still counts for something in NASCAR.