- AP Exclusive: DHS report disputes threat from banned nations
WASHINGTON (AP) — Analysts at the Homeland Security Department's intelligence arm found insufficient evidence that citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries included in President Donald Trump's travel ban pose a terror threat to the United States.
- Trump blasts media, anonymous sources _ after WH uses them
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump unloaded on the news media Friday for using anonymous sources — just hours after members of his own staff insisted on briefing reporters only on condition their names be concealed.
- White House defends contacts with FBI over Russia reports
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House on Friday defended chief of staff Reince Priebus against accusations he breached a government firewall when he asked FBI Director James Comey to publicly dispute media reports that Trump campaign advisers had been frequently in touch with Russian intelligence agents.
- Witnesses: Bar gunman shouted 'get out of my country'
OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — In the middle of a crowded bar, Adam Purinton yelled at two Indian men to "get out of my country," witnesses said, then opened fire in an attack that killed one of the men and wounded the other, as well as a third man who tried to help.
- Iraqi forces advance in Mosul, strike IS inside Syria
MOSUL AIRPORT, Iraq (AP) — As Iraqi ground troops pushed into western Mosul on Friday, the country's air force struck Islamic State group targets inside Syria for the first time in response to recent bombings in Baghdad claimed by the militants.
- NASCAR seeks boost to steep decline with strong Daytona 500
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The good news for NASCAR is that all signs indicate Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a legitimate shot to win the Daytona 500.
- Going, going, gone: NASCAR stars starting to step away
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Jeff Gordon is working in the broadcast booth. Carl Edwards is spending time with family. Tony Stewart is hanging out at dirt tracks.
- For Rubio and more, passing of trade deadline brought relief
MIAMI (AP) — Ricky Rubio was trying desperately to take his own advice. Minnesota's point guard told anyone who would listen to him not to worry about the trade deadline, or fret about what moves might be coming.
- Ryan Palmer, Wesley Bryan share lead at Honda Classic
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Ryan Palmer shot a 5-under 65 on Friday and shared the lead with PGA Tour rookie Wesley Bryan going into the weekend at the Honda Classic.
- Bubble Watch: Izzo's Spartans still shoring up NCAA resume
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Michigan State and Tom Izzo have repeatedly made March the Spartans' month with strong finishes and Final Four runs. The Spartans are having a tougher time locking down their NCAA Tournament spot and building late-season momentum this time around.