- GOP senators blink on a big chance to repeal 'Obamacare'
WASHINGTON (AP) — After seven years of emphatic campaign promises, Senate Republicans demonstrated they didn't have the stomach to repeal "Obamacare" on Wednesday when it actually counted. The Senate voted 55-45 to reject legislation to throw out major portions of Barack Obama's law without replacing it.
- Trump's order: Bar all transgender troops from US military
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump abruptly declared a ban Wednesday on transgender troops serving anywhere in the U.S. military, catching the Pentagon flat-footed and unable to explain what it called Trump's "guidance." His proclamation, on Twitter rather than any formal announcement, drew bipartisan denunciations and threw currently serving transgender soldiers into limbo.
- 'Fired by tweet:' Troops, veterans react to transgender ban
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A former U.S. naval combat-tested officer said she feels angry that President Donald Trump is saying transgender veterans like her should be considered unfit to serve.
- The Latest: Worshippers told to keep praying outside shrine
JERUSALEM (AP) — The Latest on developments on a contested shrine in Israel (all times local):
- State fair to open without rides after deadly malfunction
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A state fair, where one person was killed and seven others were injured when an "aggressive thrill" ride broke apart, will be open Thursday, officials said, but the rides won't be running until they all are determined to be safe.
- Morris's 88th-minute goal gives US Gold Cup title
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — As the victorious American players bounced so hard the podium shook, medals round their necks, a beaming Bruce Arena in the back raised his arms to the air right along with them as gold confetti began to fall.
- Cowboys' Elliott smiles for fans, shuns media as issues loom
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — Ezekiel Elliott stopped for a few moments to greet military personnel and pose for a few pictures on the opening day of training camp.
- Panthers QB Newton shakes off rust, returns to practice
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Cam Newton was back doing what he does at practice — dancing, playing up to the crowd and, most importantly, throwing passes.
- Cavaliers execs reject Irving trade talk, deny team in chaos
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert spent more than 30 minutes presenting a positive portrait of his franchise.
- Arrieta helps Cubs stay hot with 8-3 victory over White Sox
CHICAGO (AP) — One after another, the starting pitchers for the Chicago Cubs are delivering every night.