- Texas trooper: 12 dead, 3 injured in church van-truck crash
UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Twelve people were killed and three others were injured Wednesday when a van carrying 14 church members and a pickup truck collided on a two-lane Texas highway, authorities said.
- Senate intel leaders pledge Russia probe cooperation
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pledging cooperation, the top Republican and Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee said Wednesday they would steer clear of politics in their panel's probe of Russian interference in last year's election. They made a point of putting themselves at arm's length from the House investigation marked by partisanship and disputes.
- It's not EU, it's me: UK files for EU divorce after 44 years
LONDON (AP) — Britain filed for divorce from the European Union on Wednesday, with fond words and promises of friendship that could not disguise the historic nature of the schism — or the years of argument and hard-nosed bargaining ahead as the U.K. leaves the embrace of the bloc for an uncertain future as "global Britain."
- The Latest: Governor sends condolences after crash kills 12
UVALDE, Texas (AP) — The Latest on a Texas crash of a church van and a pickup truck in which 12 people were killed and three injured (all times local):
- 2 ex-Christie aides sentenced in bridge traffic revenge plot
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Two former aides to Republican Gov. Chris Christie were sentenced to prison on Wednesday for creating a colossal traffic jam at the George Washington Bridge for political revenge, a scandal that sank Christie's White House campaign and was attributed by the judge to a venomous climate inside state government.
- AP Top 25 polls highlight Top 100 all-time in college hoops
It all started in 1949 with Saint Louis on top. And 68 years later, The Associated Press college basketball poll has ranked a total of 200 schools through more than 1,100 polls — 59 at No. 1.
- John Wooden's UCLA set standard for being No. 1 in AP poll
The programs that bleed blue have dominated when it comes to being No. 1 in The Associated Press college basketball poll — though the shades of the color have varied.
- Final Four guide: Teams, players and matchups to watch
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — The Final Four is set, with one blue blood and three newbies headed to the desert to settle the NCAA Tournament.
- US women's hockey agreement could have far-reaching impact
Cammi Granato's biggest victory in hockey came 12 years after she retired.
- NCAA referee is target of death threats after Kentucky loss
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Referee John Higgins of Omaha reported he received death threats after Kentucky's loss to North Carolina in the NCAA Tournament, a Nebraska law enforcement official said Wednesday.