- Within 24 hours, a pair of wildly different Trump speeches
RENO, Nev. (AP) — Within a 24-hour span, President Donald Trump delivered one speech in which he tore into the media and members of his own party, and a second in which he called for national unity and love.
- Charlottesville, DOJ to host 'community recovery' town hall
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Charlottesville residents are getting a chance to talk with city officials about a white nationalist rally earlier this month that devolved into deadly violence.
- Harvey regains tropical storm strength in Gulf of Mexico
MIAMI (AP) — Harvey regained tropical storm strength as it drifted in the Gulf of Mexico toward Texas early Thursday and forecasters said it could become a hurricane.
- US Navy: Body found by Malaysia not one of McCain's missing
SINGAPORE (AP) — A body found at sea by Malaysian forces is not one of the 10 U.S. sailors missing after a collision between the USS John S. McCain and an oil tanker, the Navy's 7th Fleet said Thursday, as more Marine Corps divers joined a search of the destroyer's flooded compartments.
- In Kiev, Mattis says Moscow wants to redraw borders by force
KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — On the 26th anniversary of Ukraine's independence from Moscow, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis sharply criticized Russia as an international menace and said the Trump administration will not accept Moscow's annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region.
- Hill loses no-hit try on HR in 10th, Pirates top Dodgers 1-0
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Rich Hill's first 98 pitches left the Pittsburgh Pirates confounded, occasionally fuming and absolutely hitless. His 99th turned a potentially historic night by the Los Angeles Dodgers lefty into something else entirely:
- Who's the best puncher? Mayweather says it could surprise
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Floyd Mayweather Jr. says it was the first punch of the fight. His promoter thinks it came during the second round.
- McGregor has boxing skill, but enough to beat Mayweather?
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Before Conor McGregor had even heard of mixed martial arts, he wanted to be a boxer. He first stepped into Crumlin Boxing Club nearly 20 years ago in muddy football boots and started punching a heavy bag.
- Pick-6: Miami back, Darnold strikes pose, Tide _ yep _ rolls
There are a couple of ways to approach making predictions for a college football season.
- Gulls: Winningest team in San Francisco Bay Area baseball
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Among Denard Span's greatest fears in the outfield is having a gull splat on him from above as he chases down a long fly ball.