- Russia votes to hand Vladimir Putin 4th presidential term
YEKATERINBURG, Russia (AP) — Vladimir Putin's victory in Russia's presidential election Sunday isn't in doubt. The only real question is whether voters will turn out in big enough numbers to hand him a convincing mandate for his fourth term — and many Russians are facing intense pressure to do so.
- Turkey says its forces take control of Syrian town of Afrin
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkey's president said Sunday that allied Syrian forces have taken "total" control of the town center of Afrin, the target of a nearly two-month-old Turkish offensive against a Syrian Kurdish militia, which said fighting was still underway.
- Bridge victim's grieving uncle lashes out at 'incompetence'
MIAMI (AP) — As crews removed bodies from beneath a collapsed pedestrian bridge Saturday, a victim's uncle raged against what he called the "complete incompetence" and "colossal failure" that allowed people to drive beneath the unfinished concrete span.
- Mueller now has memos McCabe kept on Trump dealings
WASHINGTON (AP) — Andrew McCabe, the onetime FBI deputy director long scorned by President Donald Trump and just fired by the attorney general, kept personal memos detailing interactions with the president that have been provided to the special counsel's office and are similar to the notes compiled by dismissed FBI chief James Comey, The Associated Press has learned.
- Britain, Russia trade blame over poisoning of former spy
LONDON (AP) — Britain's foreign secretary said Sunday that the trail of blame for the poisoning of a former spy "leads inexorably to the Kremlin," after a Russian envoy suggested the nerve agent involved could have come from a U.K. lab.
- Poole's buzzer-beater sends Michigan past Houston 64-63
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — The unflappable freshman with swag to spare let loose a long 3-pointer just as the buzzer sounded, watched it splash through the net and took off on a dead sprint around the arena.
- Prayer answered again: Loyola tops Tennessee on late jumper
DALLAS (AP) — Loyola-Chicago's Sweet 16 dreams bounced on the front of the rim, lightly touched the backboard, and rattled a couple times before slipping through the net.
- UMBC basks in 15 minutes of fame as Cinderella of the NCAA
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — As the sun rose on the Saturday morning celebration of their unprecedented NCAA Tournament upset, Ryan Odom implored his suddenly-famous basketball team to get some sleep.
- TIPPING OFF: Is UMBC ready for another shocker?
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Ramblers are moving on. Are the Retrievers ready to run with them to the Sweet 16?
- Morocco bid: $16bn for 2026 World Cup venues, infrastructure
Morocco would need to spend almost $16 billion to prepare to host the 2026 World Cup, with every proposed stadium and training ground built from scratch or renovated, the bid said Saturday.