- Tillerson says China asked North Korea to stop nuclear tests
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Thursday that China has threatened to impose sanctions on North Korea if it conducts further nuclear tests.
- 4th Arkansas inmate executed in 8 days lurches on gurney
VARNER, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas executed its fourth inmate in eight days Thursday night, wrapping up an accelerated schedule with a lethal injection that left the prisoner lurching and convulsing 20 times before he died.
- GOP says it can pass short-term spending without Democrats
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans said they would push a short-term spending bill — essential to keeping the government open — through the House Friday with only GOP votes, if necessary.
- Take that, Washington! Texas looks to nullify federal laws
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Republicans who control Congress and the White House have promised to slash the size of the federal government while easing regulations on guns, the environment and energy production. But in the nation's largest conservative state of Texas, it may not be enough.
- Trump tower fated not to rise in Indonesian isle of the gods
TANAH LOT, Indonesia (AP) — Thousands of people flock daily to the centuries-old, sacred Hindu temple at Tanah Lot, a rock formation that juts into the Indian Ocean. An island at high tide and flanked by sheer cliffs, it's among Bali's most photographed sites, particularly for the mesmerizing sunsets that transform the waters into a shimmering orange vista.
- Starting with Bears, surprises galore on Day 1 of NFL draft
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Defense was supposed to dominate in the first round of the NFL draft.
- Slides (Foster), surges (Davis) from 1st round of NFL draft
The first round of the NFL draft had players from Temple and Western Michigan off the board before players from Alabama. And in a draft where none of the quarterbacks looked like locks to be picked in the first round, three were taken in the first 12 picks.
- 2nd-day draft steals? Cook, Lamp could go early; Mixon, too
The last two players to be selected with the first pick of the second round of the NFL draft were New York Giants star safety Landon Collins in 2015 and Cleveland Browns promising pass rusher Emmanuel Ogbah last year.
- Spurs advance: San Antonio beats Grizzlies 103-96 in Game 6
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The San Antonio Spurs wanted no part of playing a seventh game against the Grizzlies, not with the Houston Rockets looming in the next round.
- Tested again, resilient Raptors rest up for Cavs rematch
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The Toronto Raptors keep getting themselves into tough situations in the playoffs.