- US flies mission north of DMZ, sends message to North Korea
WASHINGTON (AP) — In a show of American military might to North Korea, U.S. bombers and fighter escorts flew on Saturday to the farthest point north of the border between North and South Korea by any such American aircraft this century. The Pentagon said the mission in international airspace showed how seriously President Donald Trump takes North Korea's "reckless behavior."
- The Latest: Iraq recaps opposition to planned Kurdish vote
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The Latest on the United Nations General Assembly (all times local):
- Iraq seeks other nations' help to build a nuclear reactor
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Iraq's foreign minister is asking nuclear countries for help building an atomic reactor for peaceful purposes, saying the country has a right to use atomic power peacefully.
- New earthquake, magnitude 6.1, shakes jittery Mexico
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A strong new earthquake shook Mexico on Saturday, killing at least one person, toppling already damaged homes and a highway bridge, and causing new alarm in a country reeling from two even more powerful quakes that together have killed more than 400 people.
- Storm's death toll, humanitarian crisis grow in Puerto Rico
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A humanitarian crisis grew Saturday in Puerto Rico as towns were left without fresh water, fuel, power or phone service following Hurricane Maria's devastating passage across the island.
- Trump's comments about anthem, Curry inflame sports stars
SOMERSET, N.J. (AP) — President Donald Trump denounced protests by NFL players and rescinded a White House invitation for NBA champion Stephen Curry in a two-day rant that targeted top professional athletes and brought swift condemnation from league executives and star players alike on Saturday.
- AP source: Knicks agree to trade Carmelo Anthony to Thunder
NEW YORK (AP) — Carmelo Anthony won't be at Knicks training camp after all. He'll be in Oklahoma City, joining Russell Westbrook and Paul George in a loaded lineup.
- NFL commissioner, players' union angrily denounce Trump
SOMERSET, N.J. (AP) — The National Football League and its players' union on Saturday angrily denounced President Donald Trump for suggesting that owners fire players who kneel during the national anthem and that fans consider walking out in protest "when somebody disrespects our flag."
- Anderson's 3 TDs lead No. 16 TCU past No. 6 Oklahoma St.
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Darius Anderson ran for a career-high 160 yards and three touchdowns, and No. 16 TCU upset No. 6 Oklahoma State 44-31 on Saturday to stamp the Horned Frogs as a Big 12 contender.
- UNC team skipping White House visit due to schedule conflict
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina's national championship men's basketball team will not visit the White House because of a scheduling conflict.