- White House, in gamble, demands make-or-break health vote
WASHINGTON (AP) — Abandoning negotiations, President Donald Trump demanded a make-or-break vote on health care legislation in the House, threatening to leave "Obamacare" in place and move on to other issues if Friday's vote fails.
- Analysis: Trump the dealmaker struggles to seal the deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump, the author of the best-selling book, "The Art of the Deal," is about to see his deal-making abilities ratified in a legislative showdown on the House floor — or dramatically rebuffed.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- Sunken S.Korean ferry set to be loaded on transport vessel
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korean efforts to bring a sunken, 6,800-ton ferry back to land cleared an obstacle on Friday after divers cut off a vehicle ramp that had been dangling from the ship and hindering efforts to raise it.
- London defiant as IS claims attack by British ex-con, 52
LONDON (AP) — Authorities on Thursday identified a 52-year-old Briton as the man who mowed down pedestrians and stabbed a policeman to death outside Parliament in London, saying he had a long criminal record and once was investigated for extremism — but was not currently on a terrorism watch list.
- The Latest: Xavier surges to lead over No. 2 seed Arizona
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Latest on the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament (all times Eastern):
- Top-seeded Gonzaga survives for 61-58 win over West Virginia
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Jevon Carter fired up two potential tying 3-pointers only to see them go off-target and Gonzaga didn't allow West Virginia to get off a third.
- No. 1 seed Kansas routs Purdue 98-66 to reach Elite Eight
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Player of the year front-runner Frank Mason III poured in 26 points, Kansas turned on the jets in the second half and the top-seeded Jayhawks soared to a 98-66 blowout of No. 4 seed Purdue on Thursday night in the Midwest Regional semifinals.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Tyler Dorsey's teammates call him "Mr. March."
- NFL owners mull cut of regular-season overtime to 10 minutes
NEW YORK (AP) — NFL owners will consider proposals next week to cut regular-season overtime from 15 minutes to 10; eliminate players leaping over the line on kick plays; and expansion of coaches' challenges and what can be reviewed by officials.