- Trump's big day underway: First, church before swearing-in
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump, the real estate mogul and reality television star who upended American politics and energized voters angry with Washington, will be sworn in Friday as the 45th president of the United States, putting Republicans in control of the White House for the first time in eight years.
- Protesters make their mark on Trump's inauguration
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bearing signs reading "Let freedom ring" and "Free Palestine," protesters pitching diverse causes but united against the incoming president demonstrated in the early hours of Inauguration Day, intent on making their mark as Donald Trump prepared to take office.
- The Latest: Trump backers from NC up early for trip to DC
WASHINGTON (AP) â The Latest on Donald Trump's inauguration as the 45th president of the United States (all times EST):
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Rescue crews find some 8 people alive after Italy avalanche
FARINDOLA, Italy (AP) — Rescue crews located up to eight people alive in the kitchen of an avalanche-crushed hotel on Friday, an incredible discovery that boosted spirits two days after the massive snow slide buried around 30 people in the resort.
- The low-cost contributors on each of the NFL's final 4 teams
The construction of a Super Bowl team starts and stops with a championship-caliber quarterback.
- UCLA's Ball, Villanova's Hart lead list of top performers
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — It didn't take long to spot college basketball's top performers this season, not with star UCLA freshman Lonzo Ball flirting with a triple-double and Kansas' Frank Mason III scoring 30 on opening night.
- Goran Dragic evolving as a player and a leader for Heat
MIAMI (AP) — Goran Dragic has already been mentioned in trade rumors, and it's quite reasonable to think that will continue over the next few weeks.
- Jackpot! Vegas looks to score big win by landing Raiders
LAS VEGAS (AP) — First the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights. Soon, maybe, the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Curry, Durant, LeBron, Irving to start NBA All-Star Game
NEW YORK (AP) — Stephen Curry won a tiebreaker to join Golden State teammate Kevin Durant in the lineup, while LeBron James and Kyrie Irving also gave Cleveland two starters in the NBA All-Star Game.