- Trump moves to pull US out of big Asia trade deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Charting a new American course abroad, President Donald Trump withdrew the United States from the sweeping Trans-Pacific Partnership on Monday, using one of his first actions in office to reject a centerpiece of Barack Obama's attempts to counter China and deepen U.S. ties in Asia.
- Senate panel narrowly backs Trump's choice for top diplomat
WASHINGTON (AP) — Rex Tillerson's bid to be secretary of state narrowly won approval Monday from the Republican-led Foreign Relations Committee, a move that all but assures the full Senate will confirm President Donald Trump's pick for the key Cabinet post.
- White House press secretary: 'Our intention is never to lie'
NEW YORK (AP) — White House press secretary Sean Spicer told a roomful of reporters that "our intention is never to lie to you," although sometimes the Trump administration may "disagree with the facts."
- Talks on Syria's civil war off to a rocky start
ASTANA, Kazakhstan (AP) — Talks between the Syrian government and representatives of rebel factions got off to a rocky start Monday after their first face-to-face meeting in Kazakhstan that marked a major shift in the war's dynamics and confirmed Russia's role as regional heavyweight.
- 'The windows exploded': Storm death toll at 20 in the South
ALBANY, Ga. (AP) — A tornado warning on television sent Anthony Mitchell, his pregnant wife and their three children scrambling for what little shelter their mobile home could provide. They crouched in a hallway as the twister started taking their home apart piece by piece.
- APNewsBreak: Spring training to be shortened slightly in '18
NEW YORK (AP) — For everyone who thinks spring training is too long, help is on the way — a little, anyway.
- NASCAR overhauls race and playoff format
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR is taking a progressive approach to modernizing its series with a radical new format.
- Patriots' defense ignored critics on the way to Super Bowl
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — There's a mantra that players quickly come to learn when they play for Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.
- Family, fans mourn for Dominican pitcher Yordano Ventura
LAS TERRENAS, Dominican Republic (AP) — Dozens of children wearing blue T-shirts with the name "Ventura" emblazoned on the back gathered around a coastal home on Monday to pay their respects to their idol: Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura.
- Rays trade Forsythe to Dodgers for De Leon, add Tolleson
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Second baseman Logan Forsythe has been traded by the Tampa Bay Rays to the Los Angeles Dodgers for right-hander Jose De Leon.