- Tillerson says China asked North Korea to stop nuclear tests
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Thursday that China has threatened to impose sanctions on North Korea if it conducts further nuclear tests.
- Arkansas executes killer for 4th lethal injection in 8 days
VARNER, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas executed it fourth inmate in eight days Thursday night, wrapping up an accelerated schedule of lethal injections that was set to beat the expiration date of one of the drugs.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- GOP says it can pass short-term spending without Democrats
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans said they would push a short-term spending bill — essential to keeping the government open — through the House Friday with only GOP votes, if necessary.
- Pentagon joins intensifying probe of former Trump aide Flynn
WASHINGTON (AP) — Investigations intensified into President Donald Trump's ousted national security adviser, Michael Flynn, on Thursday as the Pentagon watchdog joined lawmakers in probing payments he accepted from foreign sources including a Russian state-sponsored TV network.
- Offensive draft early, QBs prized after Garrett is No. 1
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — With defensive studs everywhere in this draft, NFL teams turned offensive. With an emphasis on quarterbacks.
- Spurs advance: San Antonio beats Grizzlies 103-96 in Game 6
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Kawhi Leonard scored 29 points, and the San Antonio Spurs advanced to the Western Conference semifinals by beating the Memphis Grizzlies 103-96 Thursday night to take the series 4-2.
- Whew! Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The crowd on the road was rowdy. The 25-point lead was gone. The Toronto Raptors were frazzled, in danger of losing a Game 6 in the playoffs again.
- Column: Refs won't bite as Hoiberg tries 'palming' off blame
We pause in a postseason packed with great press-conference performances to award a gold star to Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg for his "get-off-my-lawn" rant against Celtics' guard Isaiah Thomas.
- Manfred says 2 groups still in Miami Marlins' bidding
NEW YORK (AP) — Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says two groups are still bidding to buy the Miami Marlins from Jeffrey Loria.