- Trump tweets, McCain return set stage for health bill vote
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump urged Republicans to "step up to the plate" for Tuesday's crucial Senate vote on their bill eviscerating much of the Obama health care law. The stage was set for high drama, with Sen. John McCain returning to the Capitol to cast his first vote since being diagnosed with brain cancer.
- Trump asks about firing Sessions, calls his position 'weak'
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has spoken with advisers about firing Attorney General Jeff Sessions, officials say, and launched a fresh Twitter tirade Tuesday against the man who was the first U.S. senator to endorse his candidacy.
- Kushner returns to Capitol Hill for 2nd day of interviews
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner will return to Capitol Hill Tuesday for a second day of private meetings with congressional investigators, this time for a closed-door conversation with lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Black seniors stroll down memory lane aiming to stay sharp
Sharon Steen dons her tennis shoes and, with two fellow seniors, walks streets that in her youth were a vibrant center of Portland, Oregon's African-American community. Wasn't this the corner where an NAACP march began in 1963? Look, the record store is now a fancy high-rise.
- DeGrom wins 8th straight start, Mets hold off Padres 5-3
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The first sign it was going to be a good night for Jacob deGrom was when he struck out the side in the first inning, all looking, on 10 pitches.
- Kershaw has back strain, not herniated disk like last season
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Braced for the worst possible news on injured ace Clayton Kershaw, the Los Angeles Dodgers tried to find some comfort Monday that his back diagnosis did not appear as dire as last season.
- The Iron Lady makes a huge splash _ in and out of the pool
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Katinka Hosszu has a case full of medals.
- Peaty breaks 50 breast record; Ledecky sets up big night
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — He's done it again.
- AP source: Free agent Derrick Rose agrees to deal with Cavs
CLEVELAND (AP) — For the moment, the Cavaliers have one content, proven point guard.