- White House adviser asked FBI to dispute Russia reports
WASHINGTON (AP) — White House chief of staff Reince Priebus asked a top FBI official to dispute media reports that President Donald Trump's campaign advisers were frequently in touch with Russian intelligence agents during the election, a White House official said late Thursday.
- Malaysia says VX nerve agent used in killing of North Korean
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — The banned chemical weapon VX nerve agent was used to kill Kim Jong Nam, the North Korean ruler's outcast half brother who was poisoned last week at the airport in Kuala Lumpur, police said Friday. The announcement raised serious questions about public safety in a building that authorities went 11 days without decontaminating.
- Homeland Security chief: No use of military for deportations
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Seeking to tamp down growing unease in Latin America, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly pledged Thursday that the United States won't enlist its military to enforce immigration laws and that there will be "no mass deportations."
- Some witnesses say Kansas shooting was racially motivated
OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — A man accused of opening fire in a crowded suburban Kansas City bar, killing one man and injuring two others in an attack that some witnesses said was racially motivated, was charged Thursday with murder and attempted murder.
- Iraq retakes Mosul airport amid cautious advances against IS
SOUTH OF MOSUL, Iraq (AP) — Closely supported by the U.S.-led international coalition, Iraqi forces secured a series of cautious advances on Thursday, pushing into a sprawling military base outside of Mosul and onto the grounds of the city's airport, where they took control of the runway.
- The big names stay in place on NBA trade-deadline day
MIAMI (AP) — Paul George stayed put. So did Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony and Derrick Rose.
- Hamlin spoils Earnhardt return with last-lap pass for win
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Denny Hamlin didn't need a Toyota teammate to grab another win at Daytona International Speedway.
- Earnhardt's confidence sky high amid return for Daytona 500
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. traded in his T-shirt, jeans and sneakers for a head-to-toe pilot uniform, climbed up the portable stairs and slipped into the cockpit of the iconic Goodyear Blimp.
- Wesley Bryan, Cody Gribble share lead at Honda
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — One reason Martin Kaymer enjoys the Honda Classic is because he doesn't feel as though he has to make a bunch of birdies.
- Rockets rout Pelicans, 129-99, in Cousins' New Orleans debut
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Boogie-and-Brow era in New Orleans is off to a highly inauspicious start.