- Trump takes charge: Sworn in as nation's 45th president
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pledging to empower America's "forgotten men and women," Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Friday, taking command of a deeply divided nation and ushering in an unpredictable era in Washington. His victory gives Republicans control of the White House for the first time in eight years.
- The Latest: Pledge from Trump to 'Make America Great Again'
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Donald Trump's inauguration as the 45th president of the United States (all times EST):
- Smashed windows, chaotic confrontation near inauguration
WASHINGTON (AP) — Police deployed pepper spray in a chaotic confrontation blocks from Donald Trump's inauguration Friday as protesters registered their rage against the new president.
- Analysis: Trump to take oath of office amid deep uncertainty
WASHINGTON (AP) — Just before noon, Donald Trump will stand in front of the U.S. Capitol, place his hand on Abraham Lincoln's Bible and take the oath of office as the next president of the United States.
- The Latest: Man reunites with wife, son after avalanche
FARINDOLA, Italy (AP) — The Latest on the avalanche that buried a hotel in central Italy (all times local):
- Power 5 conferences vote to stop spring practices off campus
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Power Five conferences have voted to stop coaches from taking teams off-campus during any vacation period outside a sport's season for practice, a rule proposed after Jim Harbaugh took his Michigan Wolverines to Florida during spring break last year.
- UCLA's Ball, Villanova's Josh Hart lead list of top players
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — It didn't take long to spot college basketball's top performers this season, not with star UCLA freshman Lonzo Ball flirting with a triple-double and Kansas' Frank Mason III scoring 30 on opening night.
- 'Crazy' good: Federer into 4th round at Australian Open
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Roger Federer relaxed into the chair, his arms folded across his chest in a casual, confident way, and just savored a vintage Australian Open performance.
- Venus focused on tennis, not age, in record 73rd Grand Slam
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — One could never accuse Venus Williams of being sensitive about her age. Not the way she keeps making self-deprecating jokes about it at the Australian Open.
- Jackpot! Vegas looks to score big win by landing Raiders
LAS VEGAS (AP) — First the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights. Soon, maybe, the Las Vegas Raiders.