- Democrats elect Perez national chairman
ATLANTA (AP) — Democrats chose former Labor Secretary Tom Perez as their new national chairman Saturday over a liberal Minnesota congressman, capping a divisive campaign that reflected the depths of the party's electoral failures as well as the energy from resistance to President Donald Trump.
- In Trump's first speech to Congress, will decorum hold?
WASHINGTON (AP) — A presidential speech to Congress is one of those all-American moments that ooze ritual and decorum.
- Trump says he won't attend correspondents dinner this spring
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump, who has been criticizing the news media and is famously thin-skinned, says he won't be attending the White House Correspondents' Association dinner — sparing himself the dubious honor of being an in-the-house target of jokes.
- Malaysia says airport safe, autopsy shows nerve agent effect
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Malaysia's health minister said Sunday autopsy results suggested a nerve agent caused "very serious paralysis" that killed the exiled half brother of North Korea's leader, as police completed a sweep of the budget terminal where he was poisoned and declared it safe of any toxin.
- Neighbor: Bar attack suspect a 'drunken mess,' not political
OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas man accused of shooting two Indian immigrants and a third man at a bar, in what some believe was a hate crime, was always a drinker but became a "drunken mess" after his father died about 18 months ago, a longtime neighbor said Saturday.
- No. 5 UCLA dominates offensive boards to edge No. 4 Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Thomas Welsh scored 12 of his 14 points in the second half and No. 5 UCLA dominated the offensive boards to beat No. 4 Arizona 77-72 in a Pac-12 showdown Saturday night.
- Transgender boy wins controversial girls state title
CYPRESS, Texas (AP) — Mack Beggs had just won a state wrestling title Saturday in a category he didn't want to be in.
- Rickie Fowler builds 4-shot lead in Honda Classic
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Another strong finish over the closing stretch Saturday. Another big lead after 54 holes.
- Crosby scores 34th, Penguins top Flyers 4-2 at Heinz Field
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Sidney Crosby scored his NHL-leading 34th goal, Matt Murray made 35 saves and the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Philadelphia Flyers 4-2 at blustery Heinz Field on Saturday night.
- Bulls take advantage of James' absence, beat Cavs 117-99
CLEVELAND (AP) — Dwyane Wade scored 20 points and Jimmy Butler recorded a triple-double, leading the Chicago Bulls to a 117-99 victory Saturday night over the Cleveland Cavaliers, who played without LeBron James.