- Trump takes charge, assertive but untested 45th US president
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pledging emphatically to empower America's "forgotten men and women," Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Friday, taking command of a riven nation facing an unpredictable era under his assertive but untested leadership.
- On first day, Trump signs health care executive order
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump quickly assumed the mantle of the White House on Friday, making his first executive order one aimed at his predecessor's signature health care law and swearing in members of his national security team to his Cabinet.
- Fires, bricks mark daylong assault on inaugural festivities
WASHINGTON (AP) — Protesters set fires and hurled bricks in a daylong assault on the city hosting Donald Trump's inauguration, registering their rage against the new president in a series of clashes that led to more than 200 arrests. Police used pepper spray and stun grenades to prevent the chaos from spilling into Trump's formal procession and evening balls.
- Obama exits the presidency voicing optimism for the future
WASHINGTON (AP) — Closing out a barrier-breaking chapter in history, former President Barack Obama left the White House on Friday much the way he entered it eight years ago: insisting Americans have reason for optimism despite the national sense of unease.
- Analysis: Trump speech shows America getting what it ordered
WASHINGTON (AP) — America is getting what it ordered on Election Day.
- Lipinski, Weir shine as a top pair at skating championships
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski have something to say.
- Falcons don't belong in such elite company? Guess again.
If you're wondering what the Falcons are doing in the NFL's version of the Final Four with the Patriots, Steelers and Packers, you aren't alone.
- Las Vegas teen charged as adult in football player slaying
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A fight over name-calling between girlfriends promoted a fight that resulted in the death of a Missouri State University football player outside his Las Vegas home, according to a police report about the arrest of a teenager charged Friday as an adult with murder.
- Packers OL aim to block "to infinity" when Rodgers on move
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — There goes Aaron Rodgers again, beating a defense with another brilliant throw outside the pocket.
- Childress honors Earnhardt as he's inducted into Hall
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — With a nod to the late Dale Earnhardt, a tearful Richard Childress thanked his former driver for helping build an organization that led to Childress' induction into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.