- Draft DHS guidelines seek to aggressively detain immigrants
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Homeland Security Department has drafted sweeping new guidelines aimed at aggressively detaining and deporting immigrants living in the U.S. illegally, according to a pair of memoranda signed by DHS Secretary John Kelly.
- AP source: Trump's revised travel ban targets same countries
WASHINGTON (AP) — A draft of President Donald Trump's revised immigration ban targets the same seven countries listed in his original executive order and exempts travelers who already have a visa to travel to the U.S., even if they haven't used it yet.
- Trump steps up security aide search, focuses on health care
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump brought more contenders for national security adviser to his Palm Beach club for in-person interviews Sunday, hoping to fill the job in the coming days as he seeks to refocus his young administration.
- Trump says remark about Sweden referred to something on TV
HELSINKI (AP) — Swedes have been scratching their heads and ridiculing President Donald Trump's remarks that suggested a major incident had happened in the Scandinavian country. The American president now says he was referring to something he saw on television.
- Iraqi forces launch offensive to drive IS from western Mosul
HAMAM AL-ALIL, Iraq (AP) — U.S.-backed Iraqi forces launched a major air-and-ground offensive Sunday to retake western Mosul from Islamic State militants and drive the extremist group from its last major urban bastion in Iraq.
- Dustin Johnson goes to No. 1 with big win at Riviera
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dustin Johnson went to No. 1 in the world with a world-class performance at Riviera.
- The Latest: East leads All-Star game 53-48 after 1st quarter
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Latest on Sunday night's All-Star game (all times local):
- Elliott nips Earnhardt to win 2nd straight Daytona 500 pole
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — It's impossible to tell the history of NASCAR without mentioning Elliott and Earnhardt.
- Logano takes advantage of late crash, wins Clash at Daytona
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The real clash at Daytona came when Denny Hamlin and Brad Keselowski wrecked on the final lap.
- Clark: Comments "unprofessional" on Betances arbitration
PHOENIX (AP) — Baseball union chief Tony Clark called the public comments surrounding the salary arbitration hearing involving Yankees reliever Dellin Betances "unprecedented" and "unprofessional."