- Russia draws senators' focus in hearing on election meddling
WASHINGTON (AP) — Experts on national security painted a sinister picture for senators examining Russian meddling in the 2016 election, detailing the worldwide impact of fake news, smear campaigns and even killings they say could have ties to the Kremlin.
- Compromise to undo 'bathroom bill' passes key hurdle
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A compromise that would roll back North Carolina's contentious "bathroom bill" cleared a key hurdle Thursday when senators approved the measure, but it may not go far enough to quell furor surrounding the law limiting LGBT protections.
- Malaysia says Kim Jong Nam's body released to North Korea
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — The body of Kim Jong Nam, the estranged half brother of North Korea's leader, was released to the North on Thursday, more than a month after his murder at Kuala Lumpur's airport unleashed a fierce diplomatic battle between the two countries.
- Crews to investigate head-on crash that killed 13 in Texas
CONCAN, Texas (AP) — Federal officials on Thursday began an investigation into a head-on collision between a pickup truck and small church bus in southwest Texas that crumpled the front of the bus and killed 13 senior adults returning from a church retreat.
- Mosul shows difficulty of removing militants from urban area
BAGHDAD (AP) — As the fight for the Iraqi city of Mosul drags on, many might ask: Why has it taken the combined militaries of the United States and Iraq backed by an international coalition more than two years to dislodge a relatively small force of militants lacking heavy weaponry?
- Baseball's new trend: Saying 'NO' to ground balls
Josh Donaldson and Reggie Jackson stood off to the third base side of the batting cage, a pair of former American League MVPs discussing their craft in spring training. When the Blue Jays star hopped in to take his swings, Mr. October pulled out his phone to shoot video, a visual aid for his job as a special adviser to the Yankees.
- Westbrook scores 57 in Thunder's 114-106 OT win over Magic
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — With as prolific a scorer as Russell Westbrook is, the Oklahoma City Thunder never feel as though any deficit is too much to overcome.
- Curry scores 29, leads Warriors' rally over Spurs 110-98
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Golden State was emotionally prepared to shrug off a 22-point deficit during the first quarter in a key showdown with San Antonio.
- 'Bathroom bill' could cost North Carolina more NCAA events
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Basketball-mad North Carolina is bracing for what could be another costly hit from its "bathroom bill" as the NCAA selects four years of championship sites for a variety of sports.
- Hosmer, Yelich could benefit from getting off the ground
Being a big league hitter these days can require some serious lifting.