- Crowd catches teen falling from park ride; no serious injury
QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (AP) — A teenager fell about 25 feet (about 8 meters) from a stopped gondola ride at an upstate New York amusement park Saturday night, tumbling into a crowd of park guests and employees gathered below in an effort to catch her before she hit the ground.
- Analysis indicates partisan gerrymandering has benefited GOP
The 2016 presidential contest was awash with charges that the fix was in: Republican Donald Trump repeatedly claimed that the election was rigged against him, while Democrats have accused the Russians of stacking the odds in Trump's favor.
- Possible effects of gerrymandering seen in uncontested races
When voters cast ballots for state representatives last fall, millions of Americans essentially had no choice: In 42 percent of all such elections, candidates faced no major party opponents.
- Overturned oil tanker explodes in Pakistan, killing 148
BAHAWALPUR, Pakistan (AP) — An overturned oil tanker burst into flames in Pakistan on Sunday, killing 148 people who had rushed to the scene of the highway accident to gather leaking fuel, an official said.
- Koch chief says health care bill insufficiently conservative
COLORADO SPRING, Colo. (AP) — Chief lieutenants in the Koch brothers' political network lashed out at the Senate Republican health care bill on Saturday as not conservative enough, becoming a powerful outside critic as GOP leaders try to rally support for their plan among rank-and-file Republicans.
- Sonnen tops Silva in unanimous decision at Bellator in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) — Chael Sonnen took out one MMA legend, called out another, then unloaded his misery about fighting at Madison Square Garden.
- LEADING OFF: Old-Timers' Day at Yankee Stadium, Barreto pop
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- Worth the wait: Bibens-Dirkx pitches Rangers past Yanks 8-1
NEW YORK (AP) — A dozen years of minor league bus rides paid off with a day in the sun at Yankee Stadium for Austin Bibens-Dirkx.
- Faedo fabulous again, Florida beats TCU to go to CWS finals
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Alex Faedo dominated TCU for a second straight time, and now he and his Florida Gators teammates will face a familiar opponent in the College World Series finals.
- LSU beats Oregon State 6-1 to reach CWS finals
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Nothing LSU encounters in the College World Series championship series will be any more daunting than the task the Tigers had to complete to get there.