- Trump blames media for condemnation of comments on Virginia
PHOENIX (AP) — President Donald Trump is blaming the media for the widespread condemnation of his response to a Charlottesville, Virginia, protest organized by white supremacists that led to the killing of a counter-protester.
- Tillerson says US could punish Pakistan if no cooperation
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's plan to end America's longest war and eliminate Afghanistan's rising extremist threat involves sending up to 3,900 additional U.S. troops, senior officials said Tuesday. The first deployments could take place within days.
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
- White House renews request for privacy for Trump's young son
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House on Tuesday renewed its request to the news media for privacy for President Donald Trump's young son, Barron, after a conservative news and opinion website criticized the casual attire he wore home after the family's summer vacation.
- Fighting North Korea with balloons, TV shows and leaflets
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Some send up plastic leaflets that weigh less than a feather and flutter down from the clouds with calls for democracy or blurry cartoons ridiculing North Korea's ruler. Some send flash drives loaded with South Korean soap operas, or mini-documentaries about the vast wealth of Southern corporations, or crisp new U.S. dollar bills. One occasionally sends his empty food wrappers, stained labels showing noodles slathered in meat sauce, so Northerners can see the good life they'd find in the South.
- Boston bound: Cavs trade Irving to Celtics for Thomas, more
CLEVELAND (AP) — Kyrie Irving was tired of being teammates with LeBron James.
- UFC: Champ Jon Jones flagged for another failed doping test
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Jon Jones could face a lengthy suspension from mixed martial arts after the UFC light heavyweight champion was notified Tuesday of his second potential violation of the promotion's anti-doping policy.
- On Basketball: Kyrie gets a new address, but Cavs win trade
MIAMI (AP) — It's not the principals that will define the blockbuster trade between Cleveland and Boston. Great point guard leaves one city for another. That seems fair.
- Carnival hits town as Mayweather and McGregor ready to fight
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The carnival finally hit town Tuesday, with Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. putting on a bit of a fashion show before promising to knock each other out in their highly anticipated boxing match.
- Rose Bowl stars Darnold, Barkley lead AP All-America team
Southern California quarterback Sam Darnold and Penn State running back Saquon Barkley put on a show at the Rose Bowl last season and established themselves as two of the biggest stars in college football coming into 2017.