- Head of Trump-Russia probe under fire, won't step down
WASHINGTON (AP) — Potential White House entanglement in Congress' investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election brought new cries of protest from Democrats on Tuesday as fresh political allegations clouded the probe.
- Russian Manafort client: Willing to speak to Congress
WASHINGTON (AP) — A Russian billionaire close to President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday he is willing to take part in U.S. congressional hearings to discuss his past business relationship with President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.
- Trump, in break from other world leaders, digs in on coal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Declaring an end to what he's called "the war on coal," President Donald Trump signed an executive order Tuesday that eliminates numerous restrictions on fossil fuel production, breaking with leaders across the globe who have embraced cleaner energy sources.
- US denies loosening rules for avoiding civilian casualties
BAGHDAD (AP) — U.S. airstrikes probably played a role in the deaths of dozens of civilians in Mosul earlier this month, U.S. and Iraqi military officials acknowledged Tuesday, but they denied the rules for avoiding civilian casualties have been loosened despite a recent spike in civilian casualties.
- A look at how Trump's moves on coal will affect the industry
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — President Donald Trump's move to roll back Obama-era regulations aimed at curbing climate change comes as the coal industry is reeling from job losses, bankruptcies, pollution restrictions and growing competition from natural gas, wind and solar.
- NFL owners revamp video replay for officiating
PHOENIX (AP) — One day after approving the Oakland Raiders' move to Las Vegas, NFL owners got busy passing several rules changes and adopting resolutions they believe will speed the game and enhance player safety.
- Las Vegas welcomes Raiders with open arms, big hopes
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A city famous for its over-the-top persona is eagerly welcoming an NFL franchise that boasts an equally outsized reputation and the promise of big league legitimacy for the desert gambling oasis.
- Frank Mason of Kansas unanimous pick for AP All-America team
Frank Mason III was a last-minute recruit for Kansas. He turned into the Jayhawks' latest All-American.
- Star gymnasts testify at Congress about sex-abuse scandal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Retired star gymnasts testified before Congress on Tuesday that they were sexually abused by a former USA Gymnastics doctor and recommended a bill that requires tougher sex-abuse reporting for Olympic sports.
- FIFA bans Lionel Messi for 4 World Cup qualifying games
GENEVA (AP) — Lionel Messi is banned from Argentina's next four World Cup qualifying games, dealing a blow to a campaign by the 2014 runner-up that has stuttered without him.