- Trump honors fallen and families in Memorial Day address
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — President Donald Trump on Monday expressed the nation's "boundless" gratitude for the ultimate sacrifice paid by Americans defending the United States, dedicating his first Memorial Day address as commander in chief to a top Cabinet secretary and two other families who lost loved ones.
- French president flexes diplomatic muscles in Putin meeting
VERSAILLES, France (AP) — Flexing his diplomatic muscles, French President Emmanuel Macron said he had "extremely frank" and "direct" talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday and launched an extraordinary attack on two state-funded Russian media outlets he accused of spreading "lying propaganda" during France's presidential campaign.
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
- Protest sparks Texas lawmaker threats of gun violence
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Hundreds of protesters opposing Texas' tough new anti-"sanctuary cities" law launched a raucous demonstration from the public gallery in the Texas House on Monday, briefly halting work and prompting lawmakers on the floor below to scuffle — and even threaten gun violence — as tense divides over hardline immigration policies boiled over.
- Ultimate sacrifice: Teen dies shielding cousin from gunfire
BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — It was after midnight when a gunman burst into the living room of a southern Mississippi home where young people were playing video games.
- Tiger Woods blames medications for his arrest on DUI charge
Tiger Woods attributed an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medicine for his arrest on a DUI charge that landed him in a Florida jail Monday for nearly four hours.
- Harper, Strickland trade punches, Nationals beat Giants 3-0
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An enraged Bryce Harper charged the mound, fired his helmet and traded punches to the head with San Francisco reliever Hunter Strickland after getting hit by a fastball, setting off a wild brawl Monday during the Washington Nationals' 3-0 win over the Giants.
- Angels star Trout has torn thumb ligament, surgery possible
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Angels star Mike Trout has a torn ligament in his left thumb and might need surgery that could sideline him for eight weeks.
- The Latest: Pens grab 3-0 lead after 1 in Game 1 vs Preds
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Latest on Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final (all times local):
- NHL's international plan includes China but not Olympics
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The NHL is heading to Asia next season. Just not the Olympics.