- Trump eyes White House overhaul, outside lawyers and PR team
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is considering overhauling his White House staff and bringing back top campaign strategists, frustrated by what he views as his team's inability to contain the burgeoning crisis involving alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
- AP source: Kushner sought secret back channel with Russia
WASHINGTON (AP) — Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and a top White House adviser, proposed a secret back channel between the Kremlin and the Trump transition team during a December meeting with the Russian ambassador to the U.S.
- 8 dead in shooting rampage in Mississippi; suspect arrested
BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — A man who apparently got into a dispute with his wife and in-laws was arrested in a house-to-house shooting rampage in rural Mississippi that left eight people dead, including a sheriff's deputy.
- To many Americans, Memorial Day has lost its meaning
ANNVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Allison Jaslow heard it more than once as the long holiday weekend approached — a cheerful "Happy Memorial Day!" from oblivious well-wishers.
- Manchester attack transforms Britain's election campaign
LONDON (AP) — Until a week ago, two things were widely agreed about Britain's upcoming general election: it was producing the dullest campaign in recent memory and the result was a foregone conclusion. It would be a coronation march for Conservative Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Upset! Kerber 1st French Open top seed to lose in 1st round
PARIS (AP) — Angelique Kerber has not been playing at all like someone ranked No. 1 this season, and on Sunday she became the first woman seeded No. 1 to lose in the French Open's first round in the professional era.
- 2-time Wimbledon champ Kvitova wins return from knife attack
PARIS (AP) — Sweat-soaked and still wearing her match outfit, Petra Kvitova was looking for someone to hug as she wandered into the players' lounge in the French Open's main stadium shortly after leaving the court Sunday.
- The Latest: Indy 500 off to clean start, no woes for Alonso
The Latest on motorsport's busiest day (all times local):
- The Latest: Kuznetsova struggles with score at French Open
PARIS (AP) — The Latest from the French Open (all times local):
- ONLY ON AP: Bourdais determined to return for season finale
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Sebastien Bourdais was in one of the best race cars he'd ever had, so fast that most of his competitors thought he would win the pole for the Indianapolis 500.