- US warship collides with tanker near Singapore; 10 missing
SINGAPORE (AP) — Ten U.S. sailors are missing after the USS John S. McCain collided with a tanker early Monday east of Singapore, the second accident involving a ship from the Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific in two months.
- Spanish town struggles to reconcile locals as extremist cell
RIPOLL, Spain (AP) — They were brothers and boyhood friends from a town with no unfamiliar faces. They were linked by Moroccan roots and equally tied by their upbringings in Ripoll, an ancient hub in the Catalan foothills known for its monastery and passageways dotted with cafes and kebab shops.
- US and S. Korean troops start drills amid N. Korea standoff
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — U.S. and South Korean troops kicked off their annual drills Monday that come after President Donald Trump and North Korea exchanged warlike rhetoric in the wake of the North's two intercontinental ballistic missile tests last month.
- Jerry Lewis, Hollywood survivor, showman, dies at 91
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jerry Lewis epitomized what it meant to be a survivor in Hollywood.
- Legendary comedian Jerry Lewis knew how to laugh and cry
NEW YORK (AP) — Jerry Lewis sometimes didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
- Boldin abruptly retires 2 weeks after signing with Bills
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Receiver Anquan Boldin is abruptly giving up on football to pursue his humanitarian and charitable work just under two weeks after signing with the Buffalo Bills.
- Bell powers Pirates past Cards 6-3 in Little League Classic
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — Despite spending the afternoon with 12-year-old Little Leaguers who idolize pros like himself, Josh Bell didn't find himself dispensing much advice.
- No hits till 6th: Verlander, Tigers top Maeda, Dodgers 6-1
DETROIT (AP) — Justin Verlander approached this start like a postseason game, fully aware of how tough the Los Angeles Dodgers are to beat right now.
- US beats Europe in Solheim Cup 16 1/2-11 1/2 in Iowa
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Lexi Thompson set the tone by rallying from four holes down. The rest of the Americans took it from there and restored their dominance in the Solheim Cup
- NBA investigating Lakers amid George tampering allegation
NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA is investigating whether the Los Angeles Lakers tampered with All-Star forward Paul George while he was under contract with the Indiana Pacers.