- Senate GOP unveils 'Obamacare' overhaul, but not all aboard
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans launched their plan for shriveling Barack Obama's health care law Thursday, edging a step closer to their dream of repeal with a bill that would slice and reshape Medicaid for the poor, relax rules on insurers and end tax increases on higher earners that have helped finance expanded coverage for millions.
- Brexit: May offers hope for EU citizens, wins guarded praise
BRUSSELS (AP) — British Prime Minister Theresa May promised Thursday that EU citizens will not be immediately kicked out of Britain when it leaves the union and says their fate will be a top priority in Brexit negotiations — prompting guarded praise from other EU leaders at a tense time for the continent.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- No tapes after all: Trump says he didn't record Comey talks
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump declared Thursday he never made and doesn't have recordings of his private conversations with ousted former FBI Director James Comey, ending a month-long guessing game that he started with a cryptic tweet and that ensnared his administration in yet more controversy.
- Inside Yemen's secret prisons: 'We could hear the screams'
MUKALLA, Yemen (AP) — They call it the "grill": The victim is tied to a spit like a roast and spun furiously within a circle of fire. It is just one of the terrors inflicted by interrogators on detainees in Yemen who are routinely beaten with wires, kept in filthy shipping containers, and blindfolded for months — all by one of America's closest counterterrorism allies.
- The Latest: Kentucky wins lottery, 3 Wildcats drafted early
NEW YORK (AP) â The Latest on Thursday night's NBA draft (all times local):
- Splash! Bulls trade Jimmy Butler to Timberwolves
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The long-anticipated reunion between Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibodeau is on.
- 76ers put future of The Process in No. 1 pick Fultz's hands
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — The Philadelphia 76ers have put The Process in the hands of Washington guard Markelle Fultz.
- AP source: Raiders QB Derek Carr agrees to $125M extension
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Raiders quarterback Derek Carr finalized a five-year contract extension Thursday that will keep him with the team through the 2022 season.
- Devils on the clock with No. 1 pick in NHL draft
CHICAGO (AP) — The NHL stage belongs to Ray Shero and the New Jersey Devils. Then it goes right back to George McPhee and the Vegas Golden Knights.