- The Latest: North Korea test-fires ballistic missile
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — The Latest on North Korea test-firing a missile Saturday (all times local):
- Trump tells NRA: 'You have a true friend' in White House
ATLANTA (AP) — President Donald Trump reaffirmed his support for gun rights Friday, telling attendees of a National Rifle Association convention that "the eight-year assault on your Second Amendment freedoms has come to a crashing end."
- Trump's tweets aren't rocketing quite like they used to
WASHINGTON (AP) — His "FAKE NEWS" tweets don't rocket like they once did. His exclamation points (!) don't excite quite the same old way.
- Experts: Long road ahead for Trump offshore drilling order
President Donald Trump's executive order seeking to find new ocean expanses in the Atlantic and the Arctic for offshore drilling is unlikely to reach its goals anytime soon, but instead will kick off a yearslong review and a legal battle.
- Writhing and gasping: AP reporters view problem executions
The sedative midazolam is supposed to prevent condemned prisoners from suffering while they die, but opponents say several problematic executions involving the drug are evidence that it does not work consistently. They raised new concerns after an execution Thursday in Arkansas left the prisoner convulsing and pressing against his restraints.
- AP source: Larry Bird steps down as Pacers president
Larry Bird started the week by driving an IndyCar down Fifth Avenue in Manhattan to stump for the NBA's All-Star weekend returning to Indiana.
- Road warriors: Home ice can be a disadvantage in playoffs
A chorus of boos greeted the announcement of Sidney Crosby's first goal in Game 1 at the Washington Capitals. During the announcement of his second, the red-rocking Washington Capitals crowd was silent.
- Road show: Most NFL teams interested in hosting draft
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Nearly 100,000 people attended the festivities surrounding the first night of the NFL draft Thursday. That's more than at any Super Bowl except one.
- 2nd-day draft steals? Cook, Lamp could go early; Mixon, too
The last two players to be selected with the first pick of the second round of the NFL draft were New York Giants star safety Landon Collins in 2015 and Cleveland Browns promising pass rusher Emmanuel Ogbah last year.
- Thomas to head to sister's funeral after Game 6 vs Bulls
BOSTON (AP) — Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas plans to attend his sister's funeral on Saturday without missing any games in Boston's first-round playoff series against Chicago.