- Pentagon: 'active preparations' by Syria for chemical attack
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon on Tuesday said it detected "active preparations" by Syria for a chemical weapons attack, giving weight to a White House statement hours earlier that the Syrian government would "pay a heavy price" if it carried out such an attack.
- Ruling in travel ban leaves myriad questions unanswered
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court's decision to partially reinstate President Donald Trump's temporary travel ban has left the effort to keep some foreigners out of the United States in a murky middle ground, with unanswered questions and possibly more litigation ahead.
- Senate leaders scramble to save health bill amid defections
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate leaders scrambled Tuesday to rescue their health care bill, in deepening jeopardy as opposition from rebellious Republicans intensified. The defections loomed as Congress' nonpartisan budget referee said the measure would leave 22 million more people uninsured by 2026 than President Barack Obama's law.
- EU fines Google a record 2.4 billion euros in antitrust case
BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union slapped a record 2.42 billion-euro ($2.72 billion) fine on internet giant Google on Tuesday for taking advantage of its dominance in online searches to direct customers to its own online shopping business.
- Hackers strike across Europe, sparking widespread disruption
PARIS (AP) — Hackers have caused widespread disruption across Europe, hitting Ukraine especially hard.
- Nolasco ends winless drought, Angels end Dodgers' win streak
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Ricky Nolasco was pitching well while holding the big-hitting Dodgers scoreless. The only thing that stopped him was a liner that hit him in the shin and ended his night.
- Russell Westbrook wins NBA MVP; Rockets, Bucks take 2 awards
NEW YORK (AP) — Russell Westbrook moved past Oscar Robertson and kept right on going to the top of the NBA.
- Baylor confirms NCAA investigation after sex abuse scandal
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The NCAA is conducting an "ongoing, pending investigation" into Baylor University in the wake of a sexual assault scandal that led to the firing of football coach Art Briles and the departure of the school president, the school's lawyers confirmed in a federal court filing.
- Franklin not trying to be a better Missy, but a happy Missy
Missy Franklin is so upbeat, so full of energy, so dang positive all the time, it's hard to imagine her ever going to a dark place.
- Column: Tebow or the fight might not be great, but so what?
The odds keep dropping on Conor McGregor, though it's more because UFC fans love him than his actual chances of winning a boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr.