- Obama defends decision to commute Chelsea Manning's sentence
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama firmly defended his decision to cut nearly three decades off convicted leaker Chelsea Manning's prison term Wednesday, arguing in his final White House news conference that the former Army intelligence analyst had served a "tough prison sentence" already.
- Price tries to reassure on health care; Dems not buying it
WASHINGTON (AP) — Offering reassurances, President-elect Donald Trump's pick for health secretary said Wednesday the new administration won't "pull the rug out" from those covered by "Obamacare." Democrats were unimpressed, noting a lack of specifics.
- In break with Trump, EPA pick says climate change isn't hoax
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's choice to head the Environmental Protection Agency said Wednesday that climate change is real, breaking with both the president-elect and his own past statements.
- Former President George H.W. Bush and wife hospitalized
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush was admitted Wednesday to the intensive care unit of a Houston hospital with pneumonia, and his wife, Barbara, was hospitalized as a precaution after suffering fatigue and coughing, a spokesman said.
- West African bloc vows Gambia intervention at midnight
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) â After more than two decades in power, Gambian President Yahya Jammeh faced the prospect of a midnight military intervention by regional forces, as the man who once pledged to rule the West African nation for a billion years clung to power late Wednesday.
- Cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting
NEW YORK (AP) — The cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting, much as it shrouded baseball in the 1990s and early 2000s.
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown apologizes for livestreaming video
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown has apologized for livestreaming video from the team's locker room following its win over Kansas City.
- Falcons WR Julio Jones misses practice with toe injury
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Falcons All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones was held out of practice on Wednesday after aggravating his sprained toe in Saturday's playoff win over Seattle.
- High-octane offenses in title games. This should be fun.
This should be fun.
- Murray, Federer advance to 3rd round at Australian Open
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — An hour after his win, Andy Murray still hadn't been able to get any video to see how he twisted his ankle and tumbled to the ground.