- Obamacare repeal vote put off in stinging setback for Trump
WASHINGTON (AP) — After seven years of fervent promises to repeal and replace "Obamacare," President Donald Trump and GOP congressional leaders buckled at a moment of truth Thursday, putting off a planned showdown vote in a stinging setback for the young administration.
- House intel committee chairman apologizes to Democrats
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House intelligence committee chairman privately apologized to his Democratic colleagues on Thursday, yet publicly defended his decision to openly discuss and brief President Donald Trump on typically secret intercepts that he says swept up communications of the president's transition team in the final days of the Obama administration.
- AP sources: US to approve Keystone XL pipeline
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration will approve the Keystone XL pipeline on Friday, senior U.S. officials said, ending years of delay for a project that has served as a flashpoint in the national debate about climate change.
- IS claims UK attack; police say man wasn't on terror radar
LONDON (AP) — Authorities on Thursday identified a 52-year-old Briton as the man who mowed down pedestrians and stabbed a policeman to death outside Parliament, saying he had a long criminal record and once was investigated for extremism — but was not currently on a terrorism watch list.
- Israel arrests hacker linked to threats on US Jewish centers
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli police on Thursday arrested a 19-year-old hacker who they said was the main suspect in a wave of bomb threats against Jewish community centers in the United States, appearing to crack a case that has sent a chill through the American Jewish community.
- Georgetown fires John Thompson III after another losing year
WASHINGTON (AP) — John Thompson III was fired as Georgetown's basketball coach Thursday after two consecutive losing seasons at the school his father led to a national championship.
- NFL owners mull cut of regular-season overtime to 10 minutes
NEW YORK (AP) — NFL owners will consider proposals next week to cut regular-season overtime from 15 minutes to 10; eliminate players leaping over the line on kick plays; and expansion of coaches' challenges and what can be reviewed by officials.
- Brady's Super Bowl jerseys returned to New England Patriots
BOSTON (AP) — Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jerseys are back with the New England Patriots.
- Column: Brady's stolen jersey saga proves grime doesn't pay
A friend once explained the sports writing business this way: "We pretend to work, and they pretend to pay us."
- McIlroy, Spieth facing elimination at Match Play
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth face what could amount to elimination day at the Dell Technologies Match Play.