- Kelly: No use of US military to enforce immigration
MEXICO CITY (AP) — U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly pledged Thursday that America won't enlist its military to enforce immigration laws and that there will be "no mass deportations."
- US-backed Iraqi forces enter Mosul airport, military base
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraqi forces backed by the U.S.-led international coalition fought their way Thursday into a sprawling military base outside of Mosul and onto the grounds of the city's airport, taking control of the runway amid fierce exchanges of fire with Islamic State group militants.
- AP Analysis: In Venezuela, short on food, short of hope
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Venezuela is so short on food that tens of thousands are going hungry or even starving. Its murder rate is among the highest in the world. Its economy is so crippled that the average shopper spends 35 hours a month waiting in line — three times more than in 2014.
- Police begin making arrests in pipeline protest camp
CANNON BALL, N.D. (AP) — Police in full riot gear began arresting Dakota Access pipeline opponents who remained in a protest camp in North Dakota on Thursday in defiance of orders to leave.
- Former House speaker predicts 'Obamacare' won't be repealed
WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker John Boehner predicted on Thursday that a full repeal and replacement of "Obamacare" is "not going to happen."
- NBA returns for a break-neck finish to regular season
LeBron James, Steph Curry and the rest of the NBA have had a chance to catch their collective breath, kick their feet up for a few days and rest up after a frenetic first three-and-a-half months of the season.
- Wesley Bryan, Cody Gribble share early lead at Honda
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Cody Gribble and Wesley Bryan returned to a familiar course Thursday and each shot a 6-under 64 to share the early lead in the Honda Classic.
- Earnhardt's confidence sky high amid return for Daytona 500
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. traded in his T-shirt, jeans and sneakers for a head-to-toe pilot uniform, climbed up the portable stairs and slipped into the cockpit of the iconic Goodyear Blimp.
- AP Source: Mavericks get Noel from 76ers for Bogut, Anderson
A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press that the Dallas Mavericks have acquired big man Nerlens Noel from the Philadelphia 76ers for Andrew Bogut, Justin Anderson and a protected first-round draft pick.
- Bird, Kidd say don't look for OKC's Westbrook to slow down
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Larry Bird and Jason Kidd are in awe of Russell Westbrook's ability to make the difficult seem routine.