- Defiant Trump again blames "both sides" in Virginia protest
NEW YORK (AP) — President Donald Trump defiantly blamed "both sides" for the weekend violence between white supremacists and counter-demonstrators in Virginia, seeking to rebuff the widespread criticism of his handling of the emotionally-charged protests while showing sympathy for the fringe group's efforts to preserve Confederate monuments.
- Man recounts pushing fiancee away from car during protest
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — With tires screeching and bodies flying, Marcus Martin shoved his fiancee out of the way of a car charging through a crowd of peaceful protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Mourners gather to remember woman killed at Virginia rally
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Mourners will gather in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Wednesday to honor the woman who was killed when a car rammed into a crowd of people protesting a white nationalist rally that descended into violence last weekend.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- China urges US, North Korea to 'hit the brakes' on threats
BEIJING (AP) — China has urged the United States and North Korea to "hit the brakes" on threatening words and work toward a peaceful resolution of their tense standoff created by Pyongyang's recent missile tests and threats to fire them toward Guam.
- LeBron calls for love, unity before taking swipe at Trump
SANDUSKY, Ohio (AP) — Along with getting good grades and listening to their parents, LeBron James has encouraged kids in his foundation's educational program to stand up for their beliefs.
- Report: Woods had marijuana, painkillers in system at arrest
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Tiger Woods had the active ingredient for marijuana, two painkillers and two sleep drugs in his system when he was arrested on a DUI charge earlier this year, a report released Tuesday by police said.
- Stanton homers in 6th straight, Marlins fall 9-4 to Giants
MIAMI (AP) — All eyes are on Giancarlo Stanton and he keeps delivering.
- Union appeals Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott's 6-game suspension
NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL Players Association has appealed Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension over the league's conclusion that its 2016 rushing leader injured his former girlfriend in three separate incidents last summer.
- Lions condemn 'any use' of logo at Charlottesville event
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions say they "detest and disavow" any use of their logo associated with the event last Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia.