- Aimed at China, Trump's tariffs are hitting closer to home
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's escalating dispute with China over trade and technology is threatening jobs and profits in working-class communities where his "America First" agenda hit home.
- Mystery grows over pro-Saudi tabloid: Embassy got sneak peek
WASHINGTON (AP) — It landed with a thud on newsstands at Walmart and rural supermarkets last month: Ninety-seven fawning pages saluting Saudi Arabia, whose ambitious crown prince was soon to arrive in the U.S. on a PR blitz to transform his country's image.
- Motive elusive after van driver kills 10 on Toronto sidewalk
TORONTO (AP) — Police in Canada's biggest city are piecing together witness accounts and surveillance video trying to determine why a driver plowed a rented van along a crowded sidewalk, killing 10 people and injuring 15 in what many said seemed a deliberate attack.
- Car theft solved too late to prevent Waffle House tragedy
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — After Travis Reinking allegedly stole a BMW from a Nashville area car dealer last week, police say they found it outside the apartment where he lived.
- Waffle House shooter's guns were seized but then returned
Travis Reinking exhibited multiple warning signs that he was mentally unstable: He talked openly about delusions that he was being stalked by Taylor Swift. He insisted unknown people were making barking noises outside his home. He even went to the White House on a mission to talk to the president.
- Harden, Rockets soar past Wolves 119-100 with 50-point 3rd
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Though James Harden and most of the Houston Rockets were misfiring throughout the first half, their confidence never wavered.
- Capitals advance with 6-3 win over Blue Jackets in Game 6
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Washington Capitals can now turn their attention to the Pittsburgh Penguins and avenging some playoff disappointments.
- Andersen helps Maple Leafs beat Bruins 3-1 to force Game 7
TORONTO (AP) — The Toronto Maple Leafs won this one for their city.
- Davis, Pelicans on path to NBA's next small-market success
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — With every Anthony Davis put-back dunk, reverse alley-oop jam, step-back 3-pointer or game-sealing block in the playoffs, the New Orleans Pelicans take a step closer to becoming the NBA's next small-market success story.
- White Sox RHP Farquhar 'progressing well' after surgery
CHICAGO (AP) — White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar is talking to his doctors and family after surgery over the weekend to address a ruptured aneurysm that occurred during Friday night's game against Houston.