- Trump begins first week in office with outreach
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is set to meet with congressional leaders from both parties to discuss his agenda, as he enters his first official week in the White House and works to begin delivering on his ambitious campaign promises.
- Trump staff, properties face terror risk with presidency
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Businesses around the world bearing U.S. President Donald Trump's name face an increased risk now that he is in the White House, security experts warn, especially as several are in areas previously targeted by violence.
- 18 die amid apparent winter tornadoes, other storms in South
ADEL, Ga. (AP) — First there was the roar of the wind, then mere seconds to scoop up her grandson and run: Bridgit Simmons and her family knew the weekend storms that claimed more than a dozen lives around the South were threatening.
- Syria talks focused on cease-fire get underway in Kazakhstan
ASTANA, Kazakhstan (AP) — Syria talks brokered by Russia, Turkey and Iran and aimed at bolstering a shaky cease-fire in place since last month opened on Monday in Kazakhstan, marking the first face-to-face meeting between the Damascus government representatives and rebel factions trying to overthrow it.
- Samsung: Batteries only problem with fire-prone Note 7s
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung Electronics said Monday that tests of more than 200,000 Galaxy Note 7 smartphones found defects in two sets of batteries from two different manufacturers that made the devices prone to catch fire.
- Super Bowl will pit Brady's Patriots against Ryan's Falcons
A season that began with Tom Brady serving a four-game suspension will end with him in the Super Bowl, where his New England Patriots will take on Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons.
- Challenges not enough to deny Patriots 9th Super Bowl berth
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — This was supposed to be the year New England's stranglehold on the AFC could be loosened.
- Falcons head to Super Bowl after blowing out Packers 44-21
ATLANTA (AP) — While the raucous beats of "Welcome To Atlanta" blared through the Georgia Dome, the Falcons partied like it was 1999.
- Are you ready for some better football? Hopefully in Houston
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — There's this football game planned for Feb. 5 in Houston. Let's hope it turns out much better than most of the postseason matchups the NFL has provided this year.
- Bookies make Patriots a 3-point pick with record over/under
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Oddsmakers like the New England Patriots by a field goal over the Atlanta Falcons in what experts think will be a high-scoring Super Bowl.