- Trump honors fallen and families in Memorial Day address
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — President Donald Trump on Monday expressed the nation's "boundless" gratitude for the ultimate sacrifice paid by Americans in defense of the United States, dedicating his first Memorial Day address as commander in chief to a top Cabinet secretary and two other families who lost loved ones.
- Putin visits France for talks; Macron does not give an inch
VERSAILLES, France (AP) — Flexing his diplomatic muscles, French President Emmanuel Macron said he had "extremely frank, direct" talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, pushing for cooperation on Syria and against the Islamic State group but also launching an extraordinary attack on two Russian media outlets he accused of spreading "lying propaganda."
- Protest sparks Texas lawmaker threats of gun violence
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Hundreds of protesters opposing Texas' tough new anti-"sanctuary cities" law launched a raucous demonstration from the public gallery in the Texas House on Monday, briefly halting work and prompting lawmakers on the floor below to scuffle — and even threaten gun violence — as tense divides over hardline immigration policies boiled over.
- Deputy slain in Mississippi rampage had worked in ministry
BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi deputy killed in a shooting rampage had worked in Christian ministry before going into law enforcement, and liked doing puppet shows to deliver uplifting messages to children.
- Trial near for sect members accused of beating away demons
RUTHERFORDTON, N.C. (AP) — It has been nearly 4½ years since Matthew Fenner said he was beaten in a church sanctuary by a group of congregants hell-bent on expelling his "homosexual demons."
- Tiger Woods arrested in Florida on DUI charge, released
Tiger Woods was arrested early Monday on a DUI charge in Jupiter, Florida, and spent nearly four hours in a county jail before he was released.
- A timeline of Tiger Woods' career
A timeline of Tiger Woods' career:
- With Agassi along for a bit, Djokovic opens defense in Paris
PARIS (AP) — If Novak Djokovic was hoping to take a little pressure and attention off himself after some rough results, he might very well have found the perfect way to do that by adding Andre Agassi as a coaching consultant of sorts for the French Open.
- The Latest: Seeded US women Vandeweghe, Davis done in Paris
PARIS (AP) — The Latest from the French Open (all times local):
- No-name Penguins defense faces unheralded Predators centers
The star centers and no-name defense of the Pittsburgh Penguins. The standout defensemen and unheralded centers of the Nashville Predators.