- Failure on health bill also hurts prospects for tax overhaul
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans' failure to repeal Barack Obama's health care law deals a serious blow to another big part of President Donald Trump's agenda: tax reform.
- Many governors welcome demise of GOP health care bill
CHERRY HILL, N.J. (AP) — Governors of both parties had warned Congress for weeks that the Republican health care bill threatened to saddle their states with big costs and potentially leave millions of people without coverage, especially because of the cutbacks planned to Medicaid.
- Analysis: The outsider dealmaker faltering in White House
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump campaigned as an outsider — celebrating his lack of political experience by selling himself as a dealmaker willing to buck Republican orthodoxy and his own party's leadership. He alone would reshape Washington.
- The Latest: Pedestrians return to Strip after standoff ends
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Latest on a shooting along the Las Vegas Strip (all times local):
- Vehicle attacks: Easy success for IS, a challenge for police
BASEL, Switzerland (AP) — In the battlefields of Syria and Iraq, the Islamic State group became infamous for its spectacular variations on explosive vehicles. For attacks in the West, it has suggested a simpler method, encouraging followers to use regular vehicles to kill people on foot.
- The Latest: Gonzaga trounces Xavier to reach Final Four
The Latest on the NCAA Tournament (all times Eastern):
- Gonzaga beats Xavier 83-59 to reach first Final Four
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Nigel Williams-Goss scored 23 points while orchestrating Gonzaga's efficient offense, and the Zags finally shook their overrated tag by routing Xavier 83-59 on Saturday to reach the Final Four for the first time.
- Indiana hires Archie Miller as new coach
Fred Glass wanted to hire a proven winner for Indiana's next coach. The athletic director didn't have to wait long — or travel far to find what he was looking for.
- UConn advances to regional final with 86-71 win over UCLA
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — After watching UConn's NCAA Tournament dominance mostly from the bench for three seasons, Saniya Chong finally made her mark.
- Elite! Chiozza hits 3 at OT buzzer, Gators beat Wisconsin
NEW YORK (AP) — With 4 seconds left in overtime, Chris Chiozza took off with the ball, hoping to get to the hoop or find an open man. Instead, the Florida point guard stopped short right at the 3-point line and let fly with a shot that will go down in Gators' history.