- Funeral held for US soldier at center of Trump fight
COOPER CITY, Fla. (AP) — Mourners remembered not only a U.S. soldier whose combat death in Africa led to a political fight between President Donald Trump and a Florida congresswoman but his three comrades who died with him.
- Trump has no plans to block scheduled release of JFK records
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he doesn't plan to block the scheduled release of thousands of never publicly seen government documents related to President John F. Kennedy's assassination.
- Foreigners who joined IS faced almost certain death in Raqqa
PARIS (AP) — The forces fighting the remnants of the Islamic State group in Syria have tacit instructions on dealing with the foreigners who joined the extremist group by the thousands: Kill them on the battlefield.
- 54 Egyptian police killed in ambush, say officials
CAIRO (AP) — At least 54 policemen, including 20 officers and 34 conscripts, were killed when a raid on a militant hideout southwest of Cairo was ambushed, officials said Saturday. The ensuing firefight was one of the deadliest for Egyptian security forces in recent years.
- Unforgiving wildfires affect vineyard workers and owners
SONOMA, Calif. (AP) — When the wildfires ignited, vineyard workers stopped picking grapes and fled for their lives. Some vineyard owners decided to stay and fight back, spending days digging firebreaks and sleeping among their vines for safety.
- OT interception enables No. 10 Oklahoma State to beat Texas
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — During his 13 seasons as Oklahoma State football coach, Mike Gundy has built a reputation for producing dynamic offenses and less than impressive defenses.
- No. 5 Wisconsin stays unbeaten with 38-13 win over Maryland
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Jonathan Taylor came to Wisconsin prepared for a heavy workload, even if he was buried deep on the depth chart when training camp opened.
- No. 20 Central Florida beats Navy 31-21 for first 6-0 start
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Adrian Killins ran for 122 yards and two touchdowns, McKenzie Milton passed for 233 yards and No. 20 Central Florida beat Navy 31-21 on Saturday for the first 6-0 start in school history.
- Super Bowl rematch doesn't have a real super look
The rematch of the Super Bowl with a historic finish doesn't have much of a super look right now.
- Rockets say Chris Paul is 'week-to-week' with knee injury
HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Rockets may be without All-Star point guard Chris Paul for weeks because of an injured left knee.