- Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary
WASHINGTON (AP) — White House press secretary Sean Spicer, President Donald Trump's embattled spokesman during the first six months of his presidency, is resigning his position, according to two people with knowledge of the decision.
- US to ban Americans from traveling to North Korea
WASHINGTON (AP) — American citizens will be barred from traveling to North Korea next month following a prohibition on using U.S. passports to enter the country, the State Department said Friday.
- 3 Palestinians killed in clashes with Israeli troops
JERUSALEM (AP) — An escalating dispute over metal detectors at a contested Jerusalem shrine turned violent on Friday, setting off widespread clashes between Palestinian stone-throwers and Israeli troops. Three Palestinians were killed and several dozen injured by live rounds, rubber bullets and beatings, medics said.
- 2 dead, 500 hurt as deadly quake rattles Greece, Turkey
KOS, Greece (AP) — A powerful earthquake shook beach resorts Friday in Greece and Turkey, killing two tourists crushed when a building collapsed on a bar in the Greek island of Kos and injuring nearly 500 others across the Aegean Sea region.
- Tom Sawyer with a revolver? Twain house has live 'Clue' game
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Was it Tom Sawyer in Samuel Clemens' billiard room with a revolver?
- Freeze's fall at Ole Miss partially traced to Nutt's suit
The man whom Hugh Freeze replaced as Mississippi's football coach was at least partially responsible for Freeze's stunning downfall.
- Freeze resigns as Ole Miss football coach after 5 seasons
Mississippi football coach Hugh Freeze resigned Thursday after university officials found a "pattern of personal misconduct" that started with the school's investigation into a call to an escort service.
- The Latest: Justin Thomas hacks his way to a 9 at Open
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — The Latest on the British Open (all times local):
- Spieth expecting to battle pot bunkers and Mother Nature
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Jordan Spieth rated his opening 5-under 65 at the British Open as one of the top five or six rounds he has ever played in a major. Most of that had to do with the shots he hit. And some of it had to do with timing.
- Ledecky prepares for another big week at world championships
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Katie Ledecky shrugs off the notion that she's doing anything special over the next week.