- Former Panama dictator Manuel Noriega dies at 83
PANAMA CITY (AP) — Former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega has died, a source close to his family said. He was 83.
- Trump honors fallen and families in Memorial Day address
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — President Donald Trump on Monday expressed the nation's "boundless" gratitude for the ultimate sacrifice paid by Americans defending the United States, dedicating his first Memorial Day address as commander in chief to a top Cabinet secretary and two other families who lost loved ones.
- French president flexes diplomatic muscles in Putin meeting
VERSAILLES, France (AP) — Flexing his diplomatic muscles, French President Emmanuel Macron said he had "extremely frank" and "direct" talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday and launched an extraordinary attack on two state-funded Russian media outlets he accused of spreading "lying propaganda" during France's presidential campaign.
- Protest sparks Texas lawmaker threats of gun violence
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Hundreds of protesters opposing Texas' tough new anti-"sanctuary cities" law launched a raucous demonstration from the public gallery in the Texas House on Monday, briefly halting work and prompting lawmakers on the floor below to scuffle — and even threaten gun violence — as tense divides over hardline immigration policies boiled over.
- Ultimate sacrifice: Teen dies shielding cousin from gunfire
BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — It was after midnight when a gunman burst into the living room of a southern Mississippi home where young people were playing video games.
- Guentzel's goal lifts Penguins by Predators 5-3 in Game 1
PITTSBURGH (AP) — This is what the Pittsburgh Penguins do. They find a way.
- Tiger Woods says medication, not alcohol, led to DUI arrest
Players arriving for a tournament this week at Muirfield Village might notice a framed picture of Tiger Woods with a resplendent smile and bright red shirt. He's posed there with the trophy, an image that embodies the excitement he once brought to golf.
- Harper, Strickland trade punches, Nationals beat Giants 3-0
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Drilled in the hip by a heater, Bryce Harper knew where this was headed. In a hurry, too.
- LEADING OFF: Discipline on deck for Harper-Strickland brawl
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- Angels star Trout to have surgery for torn thumb ligament
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Angels star Mike Trout has a torn ligament in his left thumb and will have surgery Wednesday that is expected to sideline him between six to eight weeks.