- Turkish assembly passes polemic bill to boost Erdogan powers
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey's parliament has approved a contentious constitutional reform package, paving the way for a referendum on a presidential system that would greatly expand the powers of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office.
- Trump takes charge, assertive but untested 45th US president
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pledging emphatically to empower America's "forgotten men and women," Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Friday, taking command of a riven nation facing an unpredictable era under his assertive but untested leadership.
- Analysis: Trump speech shows America getting what it ordered
WASHINGTON (AP) — America is getting what it ordered on Election Day.
- Melee near Trump's parade route as police, protesters clash
WASHINGTON (AP) — Protesters registered their rage against the new president Friday in a chaotic confrontation with police who used pepper spray and stun grenades in a melee just blocks from Donald Trump's inaugural parade. At least 217 people were arrested for rioting while a burning limousine sent clouds of black smoke into the sky during Trump's procession.
- Senate confirms Trump's picks for defense, homeland security
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican-led Senate, taking little time to fill two critical national security posts, overwhelmingly confirmed a pair of retired Marine generals tapped by President Donald Trump to run the Pentagon and secure America's borders.
- Lipinski, Weir shine as a top pair at skating championships
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski have something to say.
- Falcons don't belong in such elite company? Guess again.
If you're wondering what the Falcons are doing in the NFL's version of the Final Four with the Patriots, Steelers and Packers, you aren't alone.
- Las Vegas teen charged as adult in football player slaying
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A fight over name-calling between girlfriends promoted a fight that resulted in the death of a Missouri State University football player outside his Las Vegas home, according to a police report about the arrest of a teenager charged Friday as an adult with murder.
- Packers OL aim to block "to infinity" when Rodgers on move
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — There goes Aaron Rodgers again, beating a defense with another brilliant throw outside the pocket.
- Pioneer car owner Raymond Parks inducted into Hall of Fame
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Raymond Parks, one of the first team owners in NASCAR, has been inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.