- 3 people charged with inciting riot after Georgia Tech vigil
ATLANTA (AP) — Three people face charges after violent clashes with campus police at Georgia Tech following a vigil for a student fatally shot by officers, a university spokesman said Tuesday.
- AP Exclusive: Evidence of spills at toxic site during floods
PASADENA, Texas (AP) — The U.S. government received reports of three spills at one of Houston's dirtiest Superfund toxic waste sites in the days after the drenching rains from Hurricane Harvey finally stopped. Aerial photos reviewed by The Associated Press show dark-colored water surrounding the site as the floods receded, flowing through Vince Bayou and into the city's ship channel.
- The Latest: USGS says Mexico quake magnitude 7.1
MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Latest on the strong earthquake that hit Mexico City (all times local):
- A major earthquake shakes Mexico City
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A powerful earthquake jolted Mexico City on Tuesday, causing buildings to sway sickeningly on the anniversary of a 1985 quake that did major damage to the capital.
- At UN, Trump threatens 'total destruction' of North Korea
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — President Donald Trump, in a combative debut speech to the U.N. General Assembly, threatened the "total destruction'" of North Korea if the nation's "Rocket man" leader does not abandon his drive toward nuclear weapons.
- Smashing: MLB home run record on track to fall Tuesday
NEW YORK (AP) — Giancarlo Stanton's smacks, Aaron Judge's jolts and all those dizzying long balls helped Major League Baseball move another poke closer to the inevitable.
- Stanton needs one last surge to match Maris' 61 homers
MIAMI (AP) — Giancarlo Stanton asked to sit out a game — not so much because he was tired of playing, but because he was tired of making outs.
- AP All-America Watch: VTech WR rising; LSU RB start slow
The Associated Press has been honoring college football's best with an All-America team since 1925. This season, the AP released its first preseason All-America team and will also weigh-in with a midseason team before the full, three-team All-America selections are unveiled in December. The second installment of the weekly All-America watch:
- Wings' Allisha Gray wins WNBA Rookie of the Year award
NEW YORK (AP) — Dallas Wings guard Allisha Gray is the WNBA Rookie of the Year.
- Moss says Griffin gloated about Shanahans being fired
Santana Moss says Robert Griffin III took credit for coach Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan being fired by the Washington Redskins.