- Trump tweets, McCain return set stage for health bill vote
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump urged Republicans to "step up to the plate" for Tuesday's crucial Senate vote on their bill eviscerating much of the Obama health care law. The stage was set for high drama, with Sen. John McCain returning to the Capitol to cast his first vote since being diagnosed with brain cancer.
- Trump asks about firing Sessions, calls his position 'weak'
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has spoken with advisers about firing Attorney General Jeff Sessions and launched a fresh Twitter tirade Tuesday against the man who was the first U.S. senator to endorse his candidacy.
- Kushner returns to Capitol Hill for 2nd day of interviews
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner returned to Capitol Hill Tuesday for a second day of private meetings with congressional investigators, this time for a closed-door conversation with lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee.
- Official: US Navy ship fires warning shots near Iranian ship
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A U.S. Navy patrol boat fired warning shots Tuesday near an Iranian vessel that came close to it during a tense encounter in the Persian Gulf, an American defense official said.
- AP: US church goes to Brazil; instills fear, splits families
SAO JOAQUIM DE BICAS, Brazil (AP) — At the Word of Faith Fellowship churches in the Brazilian cities of Sao Joaquim de Bicas and Franco da Rocha, the signs of broken families are everywhere: parents separated from their children, siblings who no longer speak, grandparents who wonder if they will ever know their grandchildren.
- AP source: Free agent Derrick Rose agrees to deal with Cavs
CLEVELAND (AP) — For the moment, the Cavaliers have one content, proven point guard.
- Kershaw has back strain, not herniated disk like last season
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Braced for the worst possible news on injured ace Clayton Kershaw, the Los Angeles Dodgers tried to find some comfort Monday that his back diagnosis did not appear as dire as last season.
- The Iron Lady makes a huge splash _ in and out of the pool
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Katinka Hosszu has a case full of medals.
- Peaty breaks 50 breast record; Ledecky sets up big night
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — He's done it again.
- Meyer has Ohio State running like Fortune 500 juggernaut
CHICAGO (AP) — The tailored, slate-gray suit, the scarlet and gray power tie, the blacked-out chronograph on his wrist — if you didn't know Urban Meyer was the football coach at Ohio State, your first guess would be a Fortune 500 CEO.