- White House communications director resigns amid tensions
WASHINGTON (AP) — A top White House communications staffer has resigned as President Donald Trump considers a major staff overhaul.
- Noriega, onetime ally of US, spent his final decades in jail
PANAMA CITY (AP) — Manuel Noriega had become a problem. At least that's the way it looked from Washington.
- Protest sparks Texas lawmaker threats of gun violence
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Hundreds of protesters opposing Texas' tough new anti-"sanctuary cities" law launched a raucous demonstration from the public gallery in the Texas House on Monday, briefly halting work and prompting lawmakers on the floor below to scuffle — and even threaten gun violence — as tense divides over hardline immigration policies boiled over.
- Nighttime, early morning bombings in Baghdad kill 31
BAGHDAD (AP) — A massive bombing by the Islamic State group outside a popular ice cream shop in central Baghdad and a rush hour car bomb in another downtown area killed at least 31 people on Tuesday, Iraqi officials said.
- Portland mayor aims to nix free-speech rally, fears 'hatred'
The mayor of Portland, Oregon, on Monday urged U.S. officials and organizers to cancel a "Trump Free Speech Rally" and other similar events, saying they are inappropriate and could be dangerous after two men were stabbed to death on a train as they tried to help a pair of young women targeted by an anti-Muslim tirade.
- Guentzel's goal lifts Penguins by Predators 5-3 in Game 1
PITTSBURGH (AP) — This is what the Pittsburgh Penguins do. They find a way.
- Tiger Woods says medication, not alcohol, led to DUI arrest
Players arriving for a tournament this week at Muirfield Village might notice a framed picture of Tiger Woods with a resplendent smile and bright red shirt. He's posed there with the trophy, an image that embodies the excitement he once brought to golf.
- Harper, Strickland trade punches, Nationals beat Giants 3-0
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Drilled in the hip by a heater, Bryce Harper knew where this was headed. In a hurry, too.
- LEADING OFF: Discipline on deck for Harper-Strickland brawl
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- The Latest: Zverev loses to Verdasco at French Open
PARIS (AP) — The Latest on the French Open (all times local):