- 7 Earth-size worlds found orbiting star; could hold life
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — For the first time, astronomers have discovered seven Earth-size planets orbiting a single nearby star — and these new worlds could hold life.
- The Latest: Police arrest protesters at Dakota Access camp
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — The Latest on plans to close a protest encampment near the Dakota Access pipeline construction site in North Dakota (all times local):
- Trump administration to lift transgender bathroom guidance
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration is revoking U.S. transgender guidelines, stepping into an emotional national issue and stripping students of federal protections to use bathrooms and locker rooms matching gender identities that differ from their birth certificates.
- What happens if Trump pulls transgender bathroom guidance?
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration plans to lift an Obama-era directive that told public schools to let transgender students use bathrooms and locker rooms that match their chosen gender identity.
- Immigrants change up their routines, brace for arrest
In Orange County, California, dozens of immigrant parents have signed legal documents authorizing friends and relatives to pick up their children from school and access their bank accounts to pay their bills in the event they are arrested by immigration agents.
- 'Monster' ex-USA Gymnastics doctor charged with sex assault
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan sports doctor who treated elite female U.S. gymnasts was charged Wednesday with sexually assaulting nine girls, including some too reluctant to speak up about the alleged abuse years ago because he was considered a "god."
- MLB players' union agrees to pitchless intentional walks
NEW YORK (AP) — There won't be any wild pitches on intentional walks this season.
- NBA returns for a break-neck finish to regular season
LeBron James, Steph Curry and the rest of the NBA have had a chance to catch their collective breath, kick their feet up for a few days and rest up after a frenetic first three-and-a-half months of the season.
- Column: Lakers can't count on celebrity to bring back glory
Chasing celebrity isn't mentioned anywhere in the first chapter of the playbook to NBA relevance.
- Pelicans' Cousins: He and Davis can 'wreak havoc' together
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — DeMarcus Cousins says his prayers have been answered, although not necessarily in the way he expected.