- Diplomats from EU's founding 6 meet in Berlin to talk Brexit
BERLIN (AP) — Top diplomats from the European Union's six founding nations met in Berlin on Saturday for hastily arranged talks following Britain's stunning vote to leave the bloc.
- British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
LONDON (AP) — The British were warned for weeks that a vote to leave the European Union would result in economic pain. Now they'll find out whether it will.
- The Latest: France says British vote echoes across planet
LONDON (AP) — The Latest on Britain's historic vote to leave the European Union (all times local):
- Obama loses reliable partner, faces uncertainty after Brexit
WASHINGTON (AP) — For the first 7½ years of his presidency, Barack Obama could rely on the United Kingdom to back him up at nearly every turn, knowing British leaders had both the global clout and shared perspective to be powerful U.S. partners.
- In need of help, Trump finds few willing to work for him
WASHINGTON (AP) — To compete against Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump has finally conceded, he needs more than the bare-bones campaign team that led him to primary success. Yet he's finding that many of the GOP's most experienced political aides just aren't willing to work for him.
- China cuts contact with Taiwan liaison body over Tsai
BEIJING (AP) — Beijing said Saturday it had cut off contact with the main Taiwan liaison body because of President Tsai Ing-wen's refusal to endorse the concept of a single Chinese nation, ratcheting up pressure on the new Taiwanese leader.
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after denouncing 'genocide'
YEREVAN, Armenia (AP) — Pope Francis heads to Armenia's genocide memorial for a prayer service, fresh from his ad-libbed declaration that the Ottoman-era massacre of Armenians a century ago was a planned "genocide."
- Crews rescue the stranded in West Virginia flooding; 23 dead
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — All Karol Dunford has left is a dirty nightgown, caked in mud from the floodwaters that ravaged her West Virginia town and killed at least 23.
- Elderly couple dead, 80 homes burn in California wildfire
LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. (AP) — A vast and voracious wildfire that has burned at least 80 homes in central California killed an elderly couple as they tried to flee, authorities said.
- Kanye West unveils "Famous" video of him, celebrities
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kanye West has unveiled a video on a subject he knows something about: fame.
- Text: Lawyer seeks plea deal, doubts Manziel can stay clean
DALLAS (AP) — An attorney handling Johnny Manziel's domestic violence case expressed doubts about the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback's ability to stay clean and said he was given a receipt that shows Manziel may have spent more than $1,000 at a drug paraphernalia store just 15 hours after he was involved in a hit-and-run crash, according to a lengthy text message accidentally sent to The Associated Press.
- Arizona-born Matthews goes 1st in NHL draft; Finns follow
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — On the heels of the NHL expanding into Las Vegas, the Toronto Maple Leafs pinned their future on Arizona-raised center Auston Matthews with the first pick in the NHL draft.
- Briles officially out at Baylor after sexual assault scandal
WACO, Texas (AP) — Baylor and Art Briles have mutually agreed to part ways, almost a month after the release of a scathing report over the university's handling of sexual assault complaints against football players which led school regents to suspend the coach "with intent to terminate."
- Doubling Up: Boudia keeps chase of 2nd gold in perspective
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — David Boudia could spend this summer doubling up on the diving world.
- Experts: weak launch in Britain for DraftKings
BOSTON (AP) — A bid to grow daily fantasy sports overseas doesn't appear to be gaining much traction as the industry fights for survival on its home front.
- Simone Biles on top again at US gymnastics championships
ST. LOUIS (AP) — When U.S. women's national team coordinator Martha Karolyi met with Simone Biles to map out the three-time world gymnastics champion's schedule, one designed to keep Biles fresh heading into the Olympics, it was the equivalent of pulling up to an intersection in a Ferrari and letting it idle when the light turned green.
- Doping on everyone's mind heading into US swimming trials
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Elizabeth Beisel tilted her head, grimaced a bit and pondered the question: Does she think the Olympic swimming competition will be clean in Rio?
- World doping watchdog shuts down Rio Olympic laboratory
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Just weeks before the Olympic Games open in Rio de Janeiro, the city's accredited anti-doping laboratory has been stopped from conducting tests.
- LEADING OFF: Reyes return to New York? Garza boosts Brewers
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison in PEDs probe
NEW YORK (AP) — Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and James Harrison will be interviewed next month by NFL officials in connection to a media report that linked them to the use of performance-enhancing drugs.