- No time to lose: Global response to Nepal quake gears up
LONDON (AP) — There is still time to save lives — that's why governments and aid agencies Sunday rushed doctors, volunteers and equipment to Nepal without waiting for the dust to settle.
- Aftershocks terrify survivors of quake that killed 2,500
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — Shell-shocked and sleeping in the streets, tens of thousands of Nepalese braced against terrifying aftershocks Sunday while digging for survivors in the devastation wrought a day earlier by a massive earthquake that ripped across this Himalayan nation and killed more than 2,500 people.
- Quake agony revealed quietly on trip from Nepal airport
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — Soon after landing at Kathmandu airport, the Thai Airways captain made a bizarre announcement to passengers: Nobody is in the control tower.
- 'Batman' killer studied brain disorders before mass murder
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — James Holmes was growing volatile well before he put on a gas mask and body armor, strapped on a rifle, shotgun, pistol and ammunition, and slipped into a midnight premiere of the Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises."
- Clinton Foundation admits missteps in donor disclosure
WASHINGTON (AP) — The acting chief executive of the Clinton Foundation is acknowledging the global philanthropy made mistakes in how it disclosed its donors amid growing scrutiny as Hillary Rodham Clinton opens her presidential campaign.
- Israel says airstrike on Syrian border targeted militants
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's military said Sunday it launched an airstrike on its border with Syria after spotting militants carrying a bomb in the Israeli-held Golan Heights.
- Family, friends in Baltimore mourn death of arrested man
BALTIMORE (AP) — Mourners filed for hours Sunday past the coffin of the man who died after sustaining serious injuries in the custody of Baltimore police, somberly paying respects after a night of violent protests.
- Q&A: What's at stake in Supreme Court gay marriage arguments
WASHINGTON (AP) — Just two years ago, the Supreme Court struck down part of the federal anti-gay marriage law that denied a range of government benefits to legally married same-sex couples.
- Kerry to see Iranian FM as nuke talks hit end phase
NEW YORK (AP) — Secretary of State John Kerry and his Iranian counterpart will meet this week for the first time since they laid out the framework for a nuclear deal earlier this month.
- Supporters of Senate Iran bill swatting away amendments
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate proponents of a bill empowering Congress to review and potentially reject any Iran nuclear deal must first win a battle with some colleagues determined to change the legislation in ways that could sink it.
- Cavs sweep Celts as James scores 27 in 101-93 victory
BOSTON (AP) — LeBron James dribbled out the final 20 seconds while players embraced as the Cavaliers completed a sweep of the Celtics.
- Paul, Clippers even series with 114-105 win over Spurs
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Chris Paul had 34 points and seven assists, Blake Griffin added 20 points and 19 rebounds, and the Los Angeles Clippers beat the San Antonio Spurs 114-105 on Sunday to even their first-round series at two games apiece.
- Cards ace Wainwright on 15-day DL, could be out much longer
St. Louis Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright is out at least 15 days because of an injury to his Achilles and left ankle. It could be longer, much longer — possibly even for the whole season.
- Cavs' Kevin Love out after hurting shoulder in first quarter
BOSTON (AP) — Kevin Love dislocated his left shoulder Sunday on what he said was a "bush-league" play.
- Orioles get 20 hits in 18-7 rout of Red Sox
BALTIMORE (AP) — The Baltimore Orioles circled the bases more often than ever before under Buck Showalter, twice scoring six runs in an inning and pounding out 20 hits without even batting in the ninth.
- Grizzlies, Bulls wary even with big leads in playoffs
The Grizzlies and Bulls head into their games on Monday night in complete control of their respective series, needing just one more victory to advance to the next round.
- It's here: Fight week begins with Pacquiao caravan to Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The last time Freddie Roach was on the interstate linking Los Angeles with this boxing capital, he was written up for going 140 mph.
- Jameis Winston to Bucs to start NFL draft
NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL draft heads to Chicago this year, with the top overall choice in our mock draft not planning to be on hand. No matter: Tampa Bay will already have let its selection know when the crowd in the Windy City gets, uh, wind of the pick.
- Justin Rose wins in New Orleans for 7th PGA Tour title
AVONDALE, La. (AP) — Justin Rose birdied the final two holes Sunday to win the Zurich Classic.
- Busch leads 291 laps in dominating Richmond victory
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Kurt Busch has spent time this year in a Delaware courtroom, then on NASCAR's sidelines as he served a three-race suspension for an alleged domestic assault on a former girlfriend.