- Super Bowl of shopping is more like a scrimmage
NEW YORK (AP) — The annual ritual of Black Friday, as we know it, is over.
- Recalls this week: glass jar candles, lawn mowers
Glass jar candles with lids that can break upon opening are among this week's recalled consumer products. Others include lawn mowers with leaky fuel tanks.
- How Black Friday played out around the country
NEW YORK (AP) — Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- Stocks inch higher in quiet trading, but Disney stumbles
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks finished mostly higher Friday as they wrapped up a quiet week of trading.
- How the Dow Jones industrial average fared on Friday
Stocks finished mostly higher Friday at the end of a quiet, holiday-shortened week of trading. Telecommunications and financial stocks rose, while oil prices slumped, dragging down energy stocks.
- Stocks open mostly lower, led by declines in energy sector
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks are opening mostly lower, led by declines in energy stocks as the price of oil turns lower.
- Survey shows German consumers losing confidence
BERLIN (AP) — A closely-watched survey shows German consumers are losing confidence amid growing concerns of an economic slump.
- Holiday shoppers get a head start on Thanksgiving
NEW YORK (AP) — Black Friday used to kick off the holiday shopping season, but now Thanksgiving Day is the new tradition for some shoppers.
- Forecast lowered for air travel on slower China growth
WASHINGTON (AP) — A weaker global economy — and a slowdown in China — will likely dampen some of the growth in air travel over the next two decades.
- UK fines Barclays for lax oversight on financial crime
LONDON (AP) — British authorities have fined Barclays 72 million pounds ($108 million) for failing to safeguard against the risk that the bank would be used to facilitate financial crime.
- Figures on government spending and debt
WASHINGTON (AP) — Figures on government spending and debt (last six digits are eliminated). The government's fiscal year runs Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
- How the Dow Jones industrial average fared on Wednesday
Stocks wobbled on Wednesday and finished little changed before the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. The market was positive for most of the day, but its gains dissipated in the final minutes of trading.
- US stocks wobble into Thanksgiving break in light trading
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks wobbled on Wednesday and finished little changed before the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S.