- Twins prospects return to field in 3-1 win over Minnesota
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — Minnesota Twins manager Paul Molitor could have made it easier on his former college team if his B squad wasn't so good.
- Fan pays for anti-Mets ownership billboard near field
ST. LUCIE COUNTY, Fla. (AP) — A New York Mets fan has put his displeasure with the team's ownership on full display.
- Henderson sharp in return, Brewers beat Wisconsin-Milwaukee
MARYVALE, Ariz. (AP) — Former closer Jim Henderson threw a scoreless inning in his first outing since May, and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 8-0 on Wednesday.
- Report: Mets' Murphy says he disagrees with gay 'lifestyle'
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Mets infielder Daniel Murphy says he disagrees with the "lifestyle" of people who are gay.
- Goldschmidt back, De La Rosa debuts as D-backs beat Rockies
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Paul Goldschmidt walked and struck out in his first major league action since a broken hand cut short his 2014 season, and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Colorado Rockies 6-2 Wednesday.
- Nieuwenhuis has 4 hits for Mets in win over Braves
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — Dillon Gee allowed two runs in two innings and Kirk Nieuwenhuis went 4 for 4 and scored a run, leading the New York Mets to an 8-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday.
- Upton homers, Kemp hitless in Padres debuts
PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Justin Upton homered and Matt Kemp went hitless in three at-bats in their debuts with the San Diego Padres, a 4-3 loss to the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday.
- Hosmer, Morales, Rios power Royals to 13-2 win over Rangers
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) — Eric Hosmer and Royals newcomers Kendrys Morales and Alex Rios hit consecutive first-inning homers, and AL champion Kansas City routed the Texas Rangers 13-2 on Wednesday in the spring training opener for both teams.
- Posey has 2-run double in Giants' 9-2 loss to A's
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Buster Posey doubled in two runs and walked in his first appearance of the spring, but Josh Reddick had three hits and drove in a pair of runs in leading the Oakland Athletics to a 9-2 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday.
- Quintana looks sharp, White Sox beat Dodgers 6-4
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Jose Quintana pitched two perfect innings, Alexei Ramirez drove in three runs and the Chicago White Sox beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 6-4 on Wednesday in the exhibition opener for each team.