- Angels beat A's 4-0 behind Weaver, up AL West edge
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Jered Weaver and Jon Lester both made their big league debuts in 2006. Both have pitched a no-hitter, both are three-time All-Stars.
- Grandal, Padres beat Dodgers 3-2 in 12
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Yasmani Grandal singled in the winning run with two outs in the 12th inning and the San Diego Padres beat the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers 3-2 Friday night.
- Posey goes 5 for 5 in 6 innings, Giants rout Brews
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The way Buster Posey was swinging, manager Bruce Bochy figures he had at least one more hit in him.
- Nationals use long ball to beat Mariners 8-3
SEATTLE (AP) — Anthony Rendon hit one of Washington's four homers off Felix Hernandez, and the Nationals showed off their power in an 8-3 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night that snapped a three-game losing streak.
- Buster Posey goes 5 for 5 in six innings of work
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Buster Posey went 5 for 5 in six innings for the San Francisco Giants on Friday night against Milwaukee, then sat down for the night.
- Sloppy White Sox lose 7-1 to Verlander, Tigers
CHICAGO (AP) — Before Friday night's game, Chicago White Sox manager Robin Ventura raved about Jose Abreu's improvement at first base.
- Lamb's slam gives Arizona 5-2 win over Rockies
PHOENIX (AP) — Jake Lamb hit a grand slam for his second career homer, and the Arizona Diamondbacks rallied to beat the Colorado Rockies 5-2 on Friday night.
- Santana homers again in KC, helps Indians win
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Carlos Santana, who homered five times at Kauffman Stadium in a series last month, hit a two-run homer as the Cleveland Indians topped the Kansas City Royals 6-1 Friday night.
- Ellsbury, Headley power Yankees past Blue Jays 6-3
TORONTO (AP) — Jacoby Ellsbury and Chase Headley homered, and the New York Yankees beat the slumping Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Friday night.