- Goldschmidt's clutch HR, Ahmed's hit gives Arizona win
PHOENIX (AP) — Heroics are expected from Paul Goldschmidt. From Nick Ahmed, not so much.
- LEADING OFF: Kluber's on a roll, Burnett vs Harvey
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- At 42, Bartolo Colon shines with guile and precision pitches
NEW YORK (AP) — Bartolo Colon settled in a chair and threw a rubber ball against his black glove. He repeated the motion several times, then leaned back and threw the ball in the air, mimicking a fielding drill.
- Belt's HR helps Giants beat Rockies, 11-8.
DENVER (AP) — Brandon Belt homered into the third deck, Ryan Vogelsong threw six scoreless innings and also doubled and the San Francisco Giants held on to beat the Colorado Rockies 11-8 on Friday night.
- Morales homers twice, drives in 5 runs in Royals' victory
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Kendrys Morales is leading the American League with 37 RBIs. A year ago, he wasn't even playing — he was waiting for an offer as a free agent.
- Marlins lose to Orioles 8-5; Alvarez and Latos go on DL
MIAMI (AP) — Even after Friday's game, the losses kept coming for the Miami Marlins.
- This date in baseball
1918 — Cleveland's Stan Coveleski pitched 19 innings in the Indians' 3-2 victory over the New York Yankees. Former pitcher Joe Wood hit a home run for the win.
- Braun powers Brewers to easy win over Braves
ATLANTA (AP) — Now that his surgically repaired right hand feels better than it has in two years, Ryan Braun is putting up some big numbers.
- Harper, Scherzer carry Nationals to 2-1 win over Phillies
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bryce Harper hit another home run and Max Scherzer had another dominant outing to help the Washington Nationals beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-1 on Friday night for their sixth straight win.
- Angels pound Red Sox 12-5
BOSTON (AP) — Chris Iannetta and Erick Aybar homered in the Angels' nine-run fifth inning, and Albert Pujols also hit a home run on Friday night to lead Los Angeles to a 12-5 victory over the Boston Red Sox.