- Hawks' Horford ejected from Game 3 for elbow
CLEVELAND (AP) — Atlanta forward Al Horford has been ejected in the second quarter of Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals for throwing an elbow at Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova.
- Cavs' Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 with injured knee
CLEVELAND (AP) — Cavaliers All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving will miss his second straight Eastern Conference finals game with an injured left knee.
- Golden State Warriors 1 win away from NBA Finals
HOUSTON (AP) — Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors aren't worried about a letdown in Game 4 after taking a 3-0 lead over the Houston Rockets in the Western Conference finals.
- Curry, Golden State rout Houston 115-80 to take 3-0 lead
HOUSTON (AP) — Golden State coach Steve Kerr described Stephen Curry's performance Saturday night simply.
- Warriors-Rockets, Box
Barnes 0-9 0-0 0, Green 8-16 0-0 17, Bogut 5-8 2-2 12, Curry 12-19 9-10 40, Thompson 6-16 3-4 17, Iguodala 3-7 0-2 6, Ezeli 5-6 0-0 10, Livingston 2-5 2-2 6, Barbosa 1-4 0-0 2, Lee 1-2 0-0 2, McAdoo 0-0 0-0 0, Rush 1-5 0-0 3, Holiday 0-0 0-0 0. Totals 44-97 16-20 115.
- Cavs' Irving tests knee with brace, questionable for Game 3
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — Kyrie Irving plopped down on a courtside bench following a brisk workout and two team trainers quickly went to work adjusting straps on his new knee brace.
- Hawks' Kyle Korver out for the playoffs with sprained ankle
ATLANTA (AP) — Already facing a daunting task after losing the first two games at home in the Eastern Conference final, the Atlanta Hawks were dealt another major blow Saturday when 3-point specialist Kyle Korver was ruled out for the rest of the playoffs because of a severely sprained right ankle.
- James leads Cavs to 94-82 win over Hawks, 2-0 series lead
ATLANTA (AP) — Forget the Big Three.
- Cavaliers-Hawks, Box
James 10-22 8-11 30, Thompson 2-6 3-9 7, Mozgov 4-6 2-2 10, Dellavedova 4-13 1-2 11, Shumpert 6-11 0-0 16, Smith 3-8 2-2 9, Jones 3-5 0-0 9, Marion 1-2 0-0 2, Harris 0-3 0-0 0. Totals 33-76 16-26 94.
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll starts vs. Cavaliers in Game 2
ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta Hawks forward DeMarre Carroll was a surprise starter in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference final against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night.
- Cavs' Irving held out of Game 2 with sore left knee
ATLANTA (AP) — Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving missed Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Atlanta Hawks on Friday night after he had his ailing left knee examined by Dr. James Andrews.
- Warriors head to Houston up 2-0
HOUSTON (AP) — Stephen Curry has been playing like the MVP he is to help the Golden State Warriors to 2-0 lead in the Western Conference finals.
- Houston star Harden's unique game hard to stop _ and to like
HOUSTON (AP) — Whether he's stirring the pot after a big shot or flailing his arms to draw contact en route to the basket James Harden evokes strong reactions from fans and players alike.
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Warriors hold off Harden, Rockets 99-98 to take 2-0 lead
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — James Harden had Game 2 on his fingertips — and then he didn't.