- Seahawks stay atop AP Pro32 power rankings
The Seattle Seahawks are still on top.
- NFL suspends Irsay 6 games, fines him $500,000
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (AP) — The NFL suspended Jim Irsay for the first six games of the season and fined him $500,000 for violating its personal conduct policy, coming down hard on the Indianapolis Colts owner Tuesday just hours after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor stemming from an embarrassing March traffic stop.
- Former Seahawk Ware arrested on suspicion of DUI
SEATTLE (AP) — Former Seattle Seahawks running back Spencer Ware has been arrested for investigation of driving under the influence.
- 49ers' Harbaugh won't tolerate domestic violence
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh reiterated Tuesday that the team will not tolerate domestic violence.
- AP Source: Watt agrees to contract extension
HOUSTON (AP) — A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press that star defensive end J.J. Watt has agreed to terms on a contract extension with the Houston Texans.
- Sometimes even Richard Sherman needs an escape
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — The places and ways to escape were simpler not that long ago.
- NFL Calendar
Sept. 4 — Regular season begins, Green Bay at Seattle.
- Change of plea hearing set for Colts owner Irsay
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay is scheduled to appear in court for a change-of-plea hearing on drug-related charges he faces from a traffic stop in March.
- Raiders tab rookie Derek Carr as starting QB
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Oakland rookie Derek Carr will start the season opener against the New York Jets, becoming the first Raiders quarterback to start the first game of his rookie season.
- Gronk promises he will play Sunday; Dolphins ready
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Star tight end Rob Gronkowski stood in front of his Gillette Stadium locker Monday and announced he will be playing in the New England Patriots' opener at Miami this Sunday.
- Panthers QB Newton returns to practice field
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Cam Newton is back in pads — dramatically oversized pads.
- In the NFL, imitation is often a form of flattery
NEW YORK (AP) — Troy Vincent pounds his fists on a conference room table and smiles.
- AP source: Chiefs' Alex Smith agrees to extension
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — When he was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs last offseason, quarterback Alex Smith professed his admiration for coach Andy Reid and his excitement at playing for the storied franchise.
- 49er Ray McDonald accused of domestic violence
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald was arrested early Sunday on felony domestic violence charges after officers responded to a home in an upscale neighborhood, San Jose police said.
- Sam clears waivers, meets with Fisher
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Michael Sam was probably never an ideal fit with the St. Louis Rams and it had absolutely nothing to do with his sexual orientation.