- Timing is everything: Obama's budget same day as NH primary
WASHINGTON (AP) — The main thing to know about President Barack Obama's final, $4 trillion budget is that it comes on the same day as the New Hampshire primary, ensuring it gets minimal attention with all the focus on the White House contenders.
- The Obamas celebrate the game with wings, pizza and nachos
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House is taking a day off from the "Let's Move" campaign while enjoying the Super Bowl.
- Low pay forces South Dakota teachers to hold 2nd, 3rd jobs
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Jessica Ries settles in behind the counter of Tip Top Tux and phones a couple to remind them of an upcoming fitting before their wedding. In the back room, beyond the dapper mannequins and vest swatches of pink, yellow and blue, a tote filled with review packets for 24 of her Hayward Elementary School students awaits her attention if she gets any down time.
- Obama to seek double funding for clean energy R&D by 2020
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama said Saturday that he'll ask Congress to double spending on research and development into clean energy by 2020. But the request is unlikely to be fulfilled.
- Pentagon releases photos of alleged detainee abuse
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon on Friday released nearly 200 photographs of detainees in Iraq and Afghanistan, taken mostly between 2004 and 2006, involving 56 cases of alleged abuse by U.S. forces.