- DCCC raises $17M in September, spends $37M
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democrats' campaign arm on Monday said it raised almost $17 million last month and has $34 million saved for the final weeks of the election.
- US airdrops arms to Kurds in Syrian town of Kobani
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. military says it has airdropped weapons, ammunition and medical supplies to Kurdish forces defending the Syrian city of Kobani against Islamic State militants.
- For GOP's Scalise, being No. 3 boosts popularity
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Let's count the ways Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise has grown in popularity since he became the third most powerful man in the Republican-led House.
- What to know about federally run Indian schools
WINSLOW, Ariz. (AP) — The federal government finances 183 schools and dormitories for Native American children on or near reservations in 23 states. The schools are some of the nation's lowest performing.
- Indian schools face decayed buildings, poverty
WINSLOW, Ariz. (AP) — Federally owned schools for Native Americans on reservations are marked by remoteness, extreme poverty and a lack of construction dollars. They also are among the nation's lowest performing.