- Some in military suspended for deadly Afghan hospital attack
WASHINGTON (AP) — American soldiers and airmen who killed and wounded dozens of civilians in a strike on an Afghanistan hospital violated the rules of engagement and have been suspended as they await disciplinary action, U.S. military officials said Wednesday.
- Obama meeting with advisers on security threats after Paris
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will brief the public on the nation's homeland security posture heading into the holiday season.
- US commander: Some closely involved in mistaken Afghan hospital attack suspended from duties
WASHINGTON (AP) — US commander: Some closely involved in mistaken Afghan hospital attack suspended from duties.
- Kerry says Mideast violence could 'spin out of control'
BOSTON (AP) — Secretary of State John Kerry says the violence between Israelis and Palestinians could "spin out of control" unless they take immediate steps to ease tensions.
- He jumped into Normandy, ran spies in Moscow, retired at 90
WASHINGTON (AP) — Hugh Montgomery never wrote a memoir. That just wasn't done among his generation of spies.