- Defense chief: Iraqis showed no will to fight at Ramadi
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Islamic State group's takeover of the provincial capital Ramadi is stark evidence that Iraqi forces lack the "will to fight," Defense Secretary Ash Carter said in a TV interview that aired Sunday. The harsh assessment raised new questions about the Obama administration's strategy to defeat the extremist group that has seized a strategically important swath of the Middle East.
- US Defense Secretary: Iraq's 'will to fight' at issue after Ramadi defeat (CORRECTS GARBLE)
WASHINGTON (AP) — US Defense Secretary: Iraq's 'will to fight' at issue after Ramadi defeat (CORRECTS GARBLE)
- Congress' familiar path: short-term solutions
WASHINGTON (AP) — Long is the list of problems Congress has addressed with short-term answers.
- Senate Republicans block changes to NSA surveillance
WASHINGTON (AP) — The National Security Agency has begun winding down its collection and storage of American phone records after the Senate failed to agree on a path forward to change or extend the once-secret program ahead of its expiration at the end of the month.
- Obama includes Vice President Biden in regular golf game
POTOMAC, Md. (AP) — A surprise player has joined President Barack Obama's regular weekend golf game: Vice President Joe Biden.